Which is your favorite?

• The Dark Crystal

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Labyrinth

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

Frogster

Reaction score
Which is your favorite? Mine's Labyrinth.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I would also go with Labyrinth. My fiance likes to tease me though when I say I like that one better because he doesn't find the two to be all that comparable, he thinks they're both really different, but I still say I like Labyrinth better. :smile:

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
AHHH tough choice!

I can't decide..I'm like Wembley on this because both are absolutely amazing and I love watching both. I have both memorized and watching both of them just make me warm and fuzzy..but if I must choose I would have to say the Dark Crystal..I love the mystics and I love watching the behind the scenes too. Still, both movies are wonderful to watch.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm wembling on this subject also myself. Well, I've got to say so far, "The Dark Crystal" as I've not been able to purchase just yet, "Labryinth". So, I'm loving Dark Crystal right now. :big_grin:

alorindanya

Reaction score
Labyrinth.

I am in love with the possibilites of this movie, all of the 'what if's' and 'why for's' of the movie that weren't answered. So much creativity has come out of those questions, I love to see thoughts developed (which is why I read and write fanfiction for it :wink: www.fanfiction.net/~alorindanya).

Dark Crystal just doesn't have so much MAGIC behind it. It was too much of an alternate universe, a strange alien world with a history of its own that has no basis with humanity. Labyrinth is different in themes and origins. It was about Sarah's journey to grow up and discover herself and face her responsibilities. DC was adventerous and Gen/Kira did discover they weren't alone, but there weren't any real lessons other than you can't fight Fate.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
I love both actually.. but if I really had to choose between the two I would have to say Labyrinth, you just can't ask for a better villian than David Bowie, and his mastery of lyrics:smile: :big_grin: :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love both movies, both are just great. But I'm going to have to go with the Labyrinth.

mikebackstage

Reaction score
froggiegirl18 said:
I can't decide..I'm like Wembley on this because both are absolutely amazing and I love watching both. I have both memorized and watching both of them just make me warm and fuzzy..but if I must choose I would have to say the Dark Crystal..I love the mystics and I love watching the behind the scenes too. Still, both movies are wonderful to watch.
Behind the scenes! don't get me started on that stuff. That's about all I ever watch...:smile:

Laszlo

Reaction score
I really love both. They're different but both have a wonderful atmosphere.
In LABYRINTH everything is possible. DARK CRYSTAL is a complex logical and believable world which makes it a fantastic achievement. Technically and artistically it's still unique.