Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The Pinball Song

The 'animated' cartoons with the cups that move around the kitchen counter.

I can't remember all of them. I don't remember by names, but images. If I could only see them...

cookiemark

Reaction score
clouds

i barely remember this but- I remember one cartoon with a couple of kids narrating a view of a country sky with clouds going by and they are saying ' i like looking at clouds, theres a duck, theres a chicken and the clouds would take shape as they went by- very light acoustic guitar playng.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I thought of this one cartoon that I saw quite a few times in the early 70's but forgot quite a bit of the details of. What I remember is someone counting to 20 (I think it was a man) and as he is saying, "13,14,15,16" I think a bird either starts flying in the air (or hatches from an egg and starts flying) and/or is carrying a number 20. The guy continues with 17,18 and 19. Then he pauses as he notices what I think is that bird. Then with a big smile showing lots of teeth he says 20. And then some music closes the sketch.
Does something like this ring a bell with anyone? I probably didn't recall enough details for this cartoon sketch to be identified, but if so then it'd be great to have some additional things from this refreshed in my memory.

Jannah

Reaction score
Wow, memories :embarrassed: A lot of these skits mentioned I can't remember, but I probably would if I saw them again. I didn't remember typewriter guy until I downloaded a clip of him and thought "Oh yeah!!!" Now I can't get "Noo nee noo nee noo nee noo" out of my head.

Some that I remember liking:

The cat trying to get the can of food

One about some socks (six of them I think) going down the stairs and they went in the washing machine or something. Barely remember it but I was always so excited when it came on :smile:

The typewriter guy!

The pinball song

One where they counted one to ten and there was ten racing cars, a wizard and ten guys in trenchcoats.

The ladybug's picnic

A claymation about some green balls trying to get over a hill.

Capital I song

Teeny Little Super Guy

Sparky's Alligator song

The factory with numbers

Theres probably a lot more that I can't recall right now..

That Announcer

Reaction score
Did you know that "Boundin'", the short film shown in front of "The Incredibles" in theaters, was directed by the same guy that did "Ladybug's Picnic"?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Also thought of another cartoon one with a guy counting from 1 to 20 (SS sure used 20 as a frequent counting total, eh?). But like the last post I made here (see # 75 ) I also am fuzzy with most of the details in this one. I believe in this one the guy counting was unseen. And it was a rather slow count. Some peculiar but easy going music was between each number. About 5 or more seconds elapsed between numbers. I don't even recall the cartoon visuals we saw as the numbers were being counted, but I believe it may also have involved a bird or birds. At the end, the guy says, "Twenty!" in a pretty sound voice.
Just like post #75, this probably isn't enough details to indicate to other classic SS fans the specific cartoons I am thinking of. But just happened to think of these two recently so I thought I'd describe what I recalled and see if it triggers any memories in anyone else here. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Also thought of another cartoon one with a guy counting from 1 to 20 (SS sure used 20 as a frequent counting total, eh?). But like the last post I made here (see # 75 ) I also am fuzzy with most of the details in this one. I believe in this one the guy counting was unseen. And it was a rather slow count. Some peculiar but easy going music was between each number. About 5 or more seconds elapsed between numbers. I don't even recall the cartoon visuals we saw as the numbers were being counted, but I believe it may also have involved a bird or birds. At the end, the guy says, "Twenty!" in a pretty sound voice.
Just like post #75, this probably isn't enough details to indicate to other classic SS fans the specific cartoons I am thinking of. But just happened to think of these two recently so I thought I'd describe what I recalled and see if it triggers any memories in anyone else here. :smile:
My father swears that SS had three Jump the Shark points (and these are not in order):

1) Everyone can see Snuffy
2) Elmo
3) When they went to 40 on the counting bits