Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah yeah I do recall both of those now that you mention them. I remember the sound of the dog growling! (began while the dog was still offscreen). The name Christopher Clumsy isn't coming back to me, however now that I think about it his voice and the artwork were indeed different than Julius. Thanks for pointing that out.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
My favorite Sesame Street cartoon was Teeny Little Superguy, the little cartoon fella who was on the side of the plastic cup, and his whole world revolved around other kitchen items with characters on them. So much fun, and such innovative animation!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Remember these two men in several cartoons, Julius and Jasper?

One classic one that was very short but great has Jasper (the dumb one) standing with one leg in the air. Julius comes by and asks, "Why are you standing with one leg up in the air, Jasper?" Jasper says, "Because if I put two legs up, I'll fall down." He then demonstrates this and falls. Julius says, "Makes sense. Sure."

Another one has Jasper crying and Julius asks what's wrong. Jasper says he lost his elbow. Julius says, "Don't be silly Jasper, there's your elbow." As Julius walks away, Jasper is exuberant, "Oh hooray! For joy! Julius found my elbow!" But then he turns somber again and says, " Julius, come back. I've lost it again!" And he cries once more. {This brings to mind the hilarious time when Ernie frets to Bert, "I lost my air! Oh oh! I lost my air!"}

In a third one, Julius is holding an apple and asks, "What can you tell me about this apple, Jasper?" Jasper takes it and starts eating it and says, "Well, it's round and red." He takes more bites. "And juicy and sweet." More munching. "And gone". He gives the core to Julius. Julius frowns. {There's Jasper acting like Ernie again - he ate his food!}

I think there were more, but none come to mind right now. Seems like there were at least a couple with Julius alone. One was something like Julius comes to a hole in the ground and stops and says to the viewer, "I'll bet you thought I was going to walk right in that hole." Then he jumps over the hole -only to fall into another hole that was to the right of it. The other solo Julius one I'm thinking of is him walking into a wall (he may have been avoiding a hole in the ground again and as he walks around it is looking at the viewer instead of where he is going and then bam! Into a wall).
also there was another hole segment where he says hus name and says you think i'm going to fall right into that hole. wronhg i'm just going to jump right over jumps and falls into anpther 1 says nobody told me there were 2 holes!

ssetta

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
In a third one, Julius is holding an apple and asks, "What can you tell me about this apple, Jasper?" Jasper takes it and starts eating it and says, "Well, it's round and red." He takes more bites. "And juicy and sweet." More munching. "And gone". He gives the core to Julius. Julius frowns. {There's Jasper acting like Ernie again - he ate his food!}
He didn't give the core to Julius, he threw it into a waste basket.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
also there was another hole segment where he says hus name and says you think i'm going to fall right into that hole. wronhg i'm just going to jump right over jumps and falls into anpther 1 says nobody told me there were 2 holes!

That was Christopher Clumsy.

Ziffel

Reaction score
ssetta said:
He didn't give the core to Julius, he threw it into a waste basket.
That's right. I remember it being tossed. Would have been rather nasty to hand someone a core after you ate all around it! And kudos to Jasper for not littering.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Another Julius/Jasper?

Was this a Julius and Jasper animation?

They were discussing what would happen if you lacked certain body parts, like if I had no nose I couldn't smell.

When one asked what would happen if he had no ears, the other answered he wouldn't be able to see. The first guy wants to know where he got THAT idea from. The second guy explained that without his ears, his eyes would be blocked since his ears hold his hat up! A generated thought balloon showed his ears vanishing and his hat falling over his face.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that one. No, that wasn't a Julius and Jasper one. Different voices and artwork. I think they were unnamed. After the one guy said, "My hat would fall over my eyes" the other guy said, "Oh for Pete's sake!" and walks away. The other guy then adds, "Couldn't hear either for that matter."
A couple of other unnamed cartoon sketches I remember had one guy mentioning a lot of names that begin with the letter j. Then he lists a ton of words ( like jump, jerk, jab) that begin with j. He was a short guy with a tall hat. The other guy gets tired of him going on and on with the j words and pulls the hat down over him saying, "Keep it under your hat." He walks away and the little guy lifts his hat back up. He took it good for he says, "There goes a wonderful person."
The other one I was thinking of had a man explaining that the word "hello" is the proper word to use when answering the telephone. Then the phone rings and he says, "Hello?" The caller says, "Hello, is Harold there?" He says, "There's no one here by that name" and hangs up. He continues saying how hello is the polite way to answer the phone. Then it rings again. He says, Hello?" and a different caller asks if Harold is there. He again says there is no one here by that name and continues his lecture. Then the phone rings a third time. He is now angry and says, "Hello!" The caller says, "Hello, this is Harold. Did I have any calls?"

Larcen Tyler

Reaction score
There were several I liked. One was like a guessing game where it would show a black screen while a sound was played, then it showed what it was. First we heard an alarm clock ringing then it showed the clock ringing. Next, you heard the sound of a baby crying, and then it showed that. After that (I think) was a phone ringing, and then a boy sneezing.

Then there was the Typewriter Guy. I always loved the letter q skit.

And who could forget Sparky's Alligator Song?

Convincing John

Reaction score
superfan said:
tomdrum said:
Hi,

Is the short you refer to as "Behind Your Face" the trippy one where a boy (on a bike, I think) gets lost and a weird being helps him get back home?

Hi!
Wow! That was the first one I thought of, too! Pure seventies magic, that was, eh? The man turns into a clock, a fountain, a building(?) and something else, I believe, right? Lemme know of any success you have in finding that particular sketch!
I remember it well...this is one of my all time favorite clips...along with that guru with 4 arms that counts to twenty on his fingers! All those cool backgrounds as they counted...and that factory with the numbers...ah, memories.

Here's a link to one of my posts about that clip.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=186541&postcount=10

Convincing John