Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

ssetta

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've been trying to figure out who was the person who did these cartoons....

The cartoon about a witch telling an A story about an ant and and archer.

The L story about a lion chasing a leopard.

And the cartoon about a boy coming home from a rainy day and imagining his house was a jungle.

Does anyone know who did these cartoons and if that person did other stuff as well?
I can tell you that the song "Imagination Rain" was written by Steve Zuckerman. He also wrote the "'I' in the Sky" song.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Just had another epiphany.How about the cartoon,where there are 3 boys.

'Indians don't talk like that.Oh yeah,well how do you know? I'm an Indian.Oh.'

Censored

Reaction score
I remember a very old Sesame Street cartoon about "AGUA". It involved a pitcher of water that was alive and, at the end, he turns into a huge bowl or something. The dialogue was in Spanish. So far, I haven't been able to find anyone else who shares this memory.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I thought of a few more,while at work.There was one with Jughead(from the Archie's),if I remember correctly about the letter J. And there is a good one with a couple of kids named Jenny(or Jinny I forget,been awhile) & Jeff in a jacket; for the letter J(J for jacket,jump,juggle....).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememebr the girl playing ball and drops it and a hippo or a rhino sits on it? she pushes it, scares it, and finally she has this string and tickles the animals hind and she finally gets her ball back.

Kye

Reaction score
I have many favorites, but one of them rarely leaves my head. every time i need to count anything, my mind goes...

12345,678910,11 12 do do da doo doo da doo doo doo da da da doo...TWELVE! It drives me crazy. I think I was brainwashed by it as a small child! probably at a very young age... like 1 or 2345,678910, 11 12...noooo, its happening again!!!!! :crazy:

salemfan

Reaction score
I like the Alligator King and the Martian Beauty. In fact, I've made some cartoons about the seventh son playing with the Martian Beauty.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I love the nostalgic moment in the movie E.T.,when Drew is watching the SS cartoon:

In the living room as she watches a Sesame Street program teaching basic language skills, Gertie repeats words beginning with a "B" back at the TV ("basket," "bandit," "ball," "boat," "bananas," "bongo," "beat," "bubble," "beetle," "biscuits," "banjo," "birdie," "B"). E.T. is standing behind the TV, extending and retracting his head over the set, mimicking her lesson. When he says "B" twice, speaking his first English word/letter, she is astonished:

Gertie: You said 'B'!
E.T.: B!
Gertie: You said 'B'! Good.
E.T.: B! Good.​

mikebennidict

Reaction score
one i recall was these 2 circles rolling around laughing and these 2 small lines wanted to make themselves circles and couldn't but come up with the idea of connecting themselves to make a circle and are able to roll around and do what the other 2 do.

letterGman

Reaction score
Without a doubt:
"This is a letter G. G is a very useful letter. It's the first letter in the word g-gig-ghghg...ahem... As I was saying...G is the first letter in the word -- Gig-gig-g-gig...aHEM ahem... Er...now, then... the letter G is the first letter... in the word... in the word... GIGGLE!! AHahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahahaha!! AHahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahahaha!! (falls down giggling and crawls away, clutching his side and giggling uncontrollably.)

...but what exactly had him so tickled??? Anby guesses??