Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yes thank you! Now I remember about how he kept retracking over the part of the floor he did and then did it backwards so he wouldn't walk over it again. But then that huge caterpillar ruins it all anyway.

Ziffel

Reaction score
An SS cartoon that I liked very much was about water. A voice of a man narrates it. He was talking about all the things you can do with water like drink it and swim in it. When he mentioned about water's bathing use, it showed an elephant showering and then drying off with a towel. I remember it ended with the guy saying, "Water can make you feel sad (because of rain) and then feel happy again (showed the sunshine after the rain with pretty flowers and the sound of birds chirping). The cartoon was nice and long, too. Probably over 2 minutes. And I really liked the music throughout. Definitely another asset.
Speaking of water, I also recall a segment with real children that started with them saying, "Water.water.water.water." And then they all said water really fast about ten times until one of them laughed (kind of sounded like cried, actually!). But I don't rememeber the details after this point. I think they might have shown kids drinking water from a fountain, but that might have been at the beginning that I just described. If I tried to guess on any other specifics of this one I'd probably be all wet!

Ziffel

Reaction score
One came to mind about an animated guy who looked real life-like (probably computer animation). I wonder if the guy was one of the adults used on SS like Paul Benedict or Joe Ponazecki. Looked like it was someone I had seen in real life segments on SS before. I think there was also bowling pins. It counted ( with a music melody) up and down the pins and showed the man next to them. At the end each pin disappeared one by one and then the man does too. The music was a bit eerie when that happened and I was a little unnerved by it as a small child.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah that one's pretty obscure. Don't recall seeing any later than about 1974. Here's one you'll definitely recall. The 3 cuckoo birds that each take a turn saying, "Cuckoo" at 3 o'clock. Then they kind of do some slapstick. Maybe they were like the 3 stooges. Well they were CUCKOO birds, of course. Anyway, it was a pretty amusing cartoon skit that seemed to crop up quite a bit on SS.

SesameMike

Reaction score
I remember the one with the cuckoo birds. A man is explaining that a cuckoo clock is about to strike 3:00, and the 3 birds approach with a ladder to enter the clock. They do talk in a sort of 3-stooges style. When they actually chime out the hour, each one says "cuckoo" with a distinctive voice and style. Afterwards, the birds leave the clock, saying as they pass the man:

"Sorry"
"Come on, come on"
"See you in an hour."

The man's final line, against the sound of the still-ticking clock, is "Three cuckoo birds". The accent was on the middle word, half-implying that the birds were "cuckoo" mentally.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
a guy plants 3 trees. 1st one's big, 2nd one"s bigger and the 3rd on'es the bigest and he ends up high up on the tree saying THIS TREE IS THE BIGEST!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
some of my favorite cartoons:

*the cartoon about the ostrich (featuring an animated cameo by Big Bird).
*a cartoon where a guy keeps asking a chicken "why did the chicken cross the road?", and at the end the chicken turns out to be a duck in a chicken mask.
*The monster who ate the television set.
*the vilian in the patama hat.
*all pinball number count cartoons.
*the cartoon where susie kabloozie talks about how she hates the letter f.
*a cartoon where kids decide to count the number of ducks in a pond, but there is only one.
*the alligator king.

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
some of my favorite cartoons:

*the cartoon about the ostrich (featuring an animated cameo by Big Bird).

It's interesting that the animated cameo of Big Bird had an orange beak instead of a yellow one.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Just thought of the cartoon where a guy walks in a store and asks for five pounds of bubblegum. As the clerk weighs them a pound at a time the guy counts each pound. Then when all five have been dished out, he excitedly starts chewing on all of them at once and then blows a bubble so huge he floats out of the store.
Cute sketch, but I like the B is for bubble one better.