Your earliest Muppet memory

giovannii

Reaction score
When I was younger all I did was watch the Muppet Show. My mum & grandmothers would tape it each week and I had about 10 videos full I would watch on continuous loop.

The songs I remember watching the most were "Teenager In Love" - Connie Stevens, "They Canr take That Away FRom Me" - Nancy Walker, "Dont Cry Out Loud" - MElissa Manchester & "Blue Bayou" - Linda Ronstadt.

My earliest memory would be watching the Nancy Walker episode with my cousin. She was older (& obviously taller), so we would act out the "CAnt Take That AWay From Me" number. I remember I would take on the Nancy Walker role & crawl between her legs at the end.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
my earliest muppet memory was of my dad buying me the muppet show album from a charity shop in london, he played it and i just loved the silliness. i was only four at the time. but since i was born ive always had muppet stuff around me, seen as my dad eas and is a massive muppet show fan, and he always had toys n stuff from when he was younger.

Pianodog

Reaction score
I'm so old and mangy, I actually caught the Muppet Show when it started (though it may have premiered a year later in Sweden than it did in the States), and after seeing Mahna-Mahna on the very first episode, I was hooked! I never missed an episode. As a kid, I was also very much a Star Wars nut, so I was in Seventh Heaven when Mark Hamill was on!

Pianodog.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I remember Sesame Street from the 70's vividly. My mother told me I could count to 20 in spanish before I could do it in English. And I think my earliest memory was from the Alligator King and the Number 8 thing with the king and princesses- and that 1,2 with the girl and the doll house.

At the same time there's something that sticks in my head about Radishes and Hey Cinderella from that same era.

Faylo

Reaction score
I've been watching SS since I was six months old, but of course I can't remember that. I can remember though when I was about 2 I was in my living room watching MFC while playing with a Sesame Street dollhouse. I also was raised on Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street/Muppet stuff. I have a Muppet-Sing-Along (It's Not Easy Being Green) video that I watched everyday, and I still watch it from time to time.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
My earliest Muppet memory is sitting on the floor at my Grandma's house with her dog, Spooky, watching The Muppet Show. I'm not sure if it was the original airings, or reruns.

christyb

Reaction score
My earliest would have to be MFC. I now own a chopped up version of the special, but I remember watching it and watching the snowman talk (Why that stuck in my head I don't know). What really clinched me into fanhood was MCC. My parents (much to their regret now) bought it for me (and we saw it in theatres). I watched the thing a million times.(Then not now) It fast became my favorite movie (still is). I also watched SS (until Elmo took over..then I didn't like it any more) and Muppet Babies and FR.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Huh, I hadn't seen this thread until now. How fun!

My earliest Muppet memory is like most people, Sesame Street. I had a stuffed Ernie doll that was dressed for bedtime (you could actually pull the flap of his pajamas down in back and now I wonder, is that really appropriate? LOL). I guess when Ernie and Bert would come on I would get really excited and act out the scenes along with them. I also got excited whenever Grover was on screen as well.

I also remember watching TMTM when I was little and watching it alot. I guess I really enjoyed the music and some of that. I know many of the jokes went over my head at that age! :smile: