1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Animal Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by antonydavanzo, Nov 15, 2007.

1. statler salad

statler salad Member

Dont know if this is slightly off topic - but i've recently purchased an animal Muppet Replica. I know it should have an edition number (50 of 2500 for example), but mine actually has 'Artist proof' in the space where it should say edition number. Is this a rare animal?
  2. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I have one of those. not really so rare. but then again I dont know exactly how many proofs were made for retailers to display.
  3. statler salad

statler salad Member

OK thanks, so I'm guessing its probably pretty rare compared to the large edition produced.
  4. Apocaloso

Apocaloso New Member

Gee...i'd like to have this one and gonzo... but money money money..it's all u need...
  5. MuppetFan69

MuppetFan69 New Member

Wanted to post some pictures of our Animal Photo Puppet.
    I say our because I bought him for my Wife for her birthday.
    I knew I wanted to display him with a drum set.
    I found a set at Toys R Us made by First Act that was the perfect size, only it was $100. Didn't really want to spend that if I didn't have to. I looked on craigslist and found one for $20. Much better. Not to mention it was used so the drums show signs of being played. The set was blue and I didn't like that. So I bought some Orange Glittery adhesive backed Vinyl on ebay. While I was waiting I got out the paint and painted the mouth design on the Bass drum. Out of all the drum logos I've seen, I like this one the best. Vinyl showed up today and I was able to finish the drum set. I will add a few more drums to the set to make it more full and some more cymbals too(got to have a hi-hat). The pedestals in the picture are temporary. It is
    3 put together. I will make a one piece pedestal for him.
    But this is just to show pics.
    I haven't done anything to Animal yet.
    This is straight out of the box. I will fix the hair,eyes, and make a spiked collar, wrist and ankle cuffs.
    Let me know what you think so far.
    Thanks!
    http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/annaeidemiller/
    http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/annaeidemiller/
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

awesome! i love the drums! if i ever get animal, i might try that.
  7. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Off of subject....I notice your Crumb Statue....I am so frustrated that I didn't get one. I should have gotten it when I did. now it is hard to find and expensive! :(
  8. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Cool pics! From what little of them I can see.
    Why are they sooo small? You can hardly see them, can you make them larger?
    Pleeeeease...
    Lynn
  9. MuppetFan69

MuppetFan69 New Member

If someone can tell me how to post larger pictures, I'd be more than happy to.
  10. MuppetFan69

MuppetFan69 New Member

11. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Now that's better! I can't wait to see it with more drums added.

Lynn
  12. Davina

Davina Member

did yours come with that paint job or did you customize? we have a little drum set for ours that we picked up at walmart a while back, but it's not nearly as cool looking :) (haven't had time to get around to doing anything to it...)
  13. MuppetFan69

MuppetFan69 New Member

I painted the Mouth on the bass drum and covered the drums with Orange sparkly Sticker material.
  14. Face Ache

Face Ache New Member

Hello Muppet Fans.

Been lurking for a while. Thought I'd share a pic of my MR Animal.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/8784/animal.jpg

Not customised much. Coloured his eyelids black with permanent marker and added $8 of plastic chain which I sprayed silver. Used hair wax to get his mop under control. I was going to buy a collar from someone here, but... well... you know. ;)

The toy drums were only $30. The orange hologram-glitter vinyl cost $13 on the ebays. Knocked up the EM logo on my Mac and had it printed and laminated at OfficeWorks for $20. Umm... that's all folks!
  15. junebug1972

junebug1972 Member

Going to get some better shots soon!

The time was right and all the stars were aligned! It also helped I found some wicked good deals online for these 2.

Photos taken with my iPhone - http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...uppets_Puppets

Studio shots to come once I slow down a bit. Summertime is busy for a photographer in Michigan!

Any good pose ideas for a photoshoot?
  16. junebug1972

junebug1972 Member

17. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

The collar he made out of a molded plastic, (he's a prop designer by trade) and the tongue I believe he just hand sculpted out of foam.

Check out the puppetry forums for more info on where to find that kind of stuff...
  18. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

19. Davina

Davina Member

BoomerangFish: Some people are fortunate and talented enough to be able to build their own puppets which is what you are seeing there, along with all of the Gluvet puppets on that site.
    the rest of us just have to sit back and try not to drool too much over them :)
  20. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Oh that's very cool indeed! I make props as well (mainly for a living) but I also make them for fun. My most current project is making a screen accurate proton pack.
    TikiColadas likes this.