Your 10 Favorite Sesame Street Songs

ssetta

Reaction score
Sadly, the reason why they will never release those rare songs is because, excluding all of us on Muppet Central, nobody really cares about that stuff anymore BECAUSE it's so rare. They were never released on records, or even on the show very much, and nobody's ever heard of them. It is very upset, but there is nothing that can be done about it. We'll never be hearing or seeing those again. :cry:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Sadly, the reason why they will never release those rare songs is because, excluding all of us on Muppet Central, nobody really cares about that stuff anymore BECAUSE it's so rare. They were never released on records, or even on the show very much, and nobody's ever heard of them. It is very upset, but there is nothing that can be done about it. We'll never be hearing or seeing those again. :cry:
*sigh*

Wide-eyed optomism isn't quite as bad as it looks.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
but i want to hear them again *sniffs*, its not fair....WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Alright, this isn't easy, but:

1. COUNT IT HIGHER - before Unpaved was being run a friend of mine bought "Born to Add" on CD and I left that track playing for an hour! It just gets better everytime!
2. IMAGINATION - you actually feel like Ernie is there!
3. I LOVE TRASH - I actually like Carroll Spinney's screw-ups in this one.
4. TELEPHONE ROCK - nuff said
5. SPY-COUNTING RACE CAR THINGY SONG THAT NOBODY HAS A NAME FOR FOR SOME REASON - Grace Slick rocks these segments and I love the extremely weird time-signatures and unrecognizable instruments.
6. PINBALL NUMBER COUNT - Anyone heard the 2 to 12 compilation of this one on the box-set yet! More great odd time-signatures for sure and killer vocals.
7. ORIGINAL (TV VERSION) THEME SONG (NOT LP) - More unrecognizable instruments...what is that? Someone nailed together a piano, a guitar and a xylophone or something!
8. ELEVEN! (Not sure how to describe this one, sounds like Sly and the Family Stone or something-- Uses numbers and cut-out squares to demonstrate numbers to eleven...someone back me up on this one, but it sounds like they're having a ball!)
9. CAPITAL "I" - So lonely and sad, just a great little folk song.
10. PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD - nuff said again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
  • Bein' green
  • C is for Cookie
  • Rubber Duckie (Also, put Down the Duckie, Do de Rubba Duck)
  • My J- sung by Biff
  • Letter B/ Hey Food
  • Rebel L
  • Born to Add
  • Mad
  • Count it higher
  • Abcuhdefguhi (ABCDEFGHI)
  • I love Trash
  • Monster in the Mirror (celebrity version)
  • Dance Myself to Sleep
  • La Baba
  • Allegator King
  • X-marks the Spot
  • Guy Smiley's Seasons song

Yeah.. it's well over 10.. I can't choose!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
grace slick and sesame street, nice combo...! i never realised that was her voice, thanks for the memory smy..

furryfella

Reaction score
1) C is for cookie 2) Fur 3) Fuzzy&blue 4) Rubber ducky 5) Monster in the mirror