1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

You Oughtta' Be In Pictures

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Vic Romano, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Due to the recent "stickying" of Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals (of which I am deeply honored and humbled), I figured I need to stay on my "A" game and keep the visuals as entertaining to all of you as I possibly can, and in some instances; I'm gonna' need your help, hence this new project that almost all of you can take part of!

So what is it? I'm proposing an image featuring Muppet Central users under the Muppet Show arches as seen in the opening theme, in place of the Muppets! Actual images of you, taking the stage, this is a great opportunity to have a "group photo" of all of us and show what kind of an online family we are! Confused? Well don't worry about it; get me your picture, and I'll take care of the rest, but first let's go over the rules.

Show Us Who You Are!
    Your photo should be a recent photo, not a baby photo or a photo from when you went on vacation 3 years ago. This is the 21st century! So grab a camera, shoot yer' self and get it online! Having said that, the photo needs to be of you, and not someone else you want to convince us you are. So for example if you're really 16-years-old but your posing as a 77-year old-man, this project ain't for you.:mad:

Express Yourself!
    You will be placed under the Muppet arches, essentially posing as a Muppet, so act like one! Your photo should be exciting. Put your arms up or out, wave, give a thumbs up, or a thumbs down, a peace sign, flirt with the camera! No middle fingers please.:eek: Try and avoid pics of you standing still and looking like whoever took the picture was serving you a major inconvenience, and above all else, let's look like we wanna' be here, okay? SMILE!:) I know this place is a mental asylum so let's look like it.

Show Yer' Stuff!
    No small teeny tiny pictures, no head shots. This project requires that you are shot at least from the waist up. Please don't send pictures with your head or fingers cut off either. The image should be a decent size, nothing smaller then a 3" x 5", or about 300 x 400 pixels roughly. The bigger the better, even though the photo will most definately be resized.

Within Reason Of Course...
    Understanding that many of you may feel awkward about posting your picture on the web or your parents won't allow it, keep this in mind:
    1. Only your picture and user name will be displayed, no other personal information.
    2. If it makes you comfortable, feel free to disguise yourself with a hat, sun glasses or the like.
    3. Please make sure it is okay with your parent(s) or guardian(s) that you appear in this visual.
    Also show some discression. Ladies, let's not show too much skin, gentlemen let's also be respectful, and if you wear a shirt with writing on it, let's keep it appropriate.

Sorry, No No0bs
    It makes sense that if you appear on this visual, we should already have an idea who you are, so in order to appear, you must have at least 100 posts to appear.

That's about it, now the final touch though is that we wanna' keep as much of the project under wraps as possible until showtime, so please do not post your pictures here! Please either e-mail me your picture with your user name to me at:
    ballington3000@comcast.net
    Or PM me with a link to a website like Photobucket.

All photos must be recieved by December 31, 2005 in order to appear in the visual. This'll be a great visual that I think will once again prove how tight a community we are.

Thanks for your support and consideration!
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well...if they must be in by January 31, 2005 none of us can participate...darn *snaps fingers*

But seriously, GREAT idea Vic!!! And expect my pic soon!
  3. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Oh, good! Then you won't have to edit my padded cell out of the background... <blink> This is a padded cell, isn't it? <bangs hand against wall> OWWWWWW! Okay, apparently it's not. Nevermind then. I shall send you my picture as soon as I have talked to my parents and probably my sister. ...Which may take a random unspecified amount of time.

Oh, and I agree five hundred percent with everything prawncracker said.
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

D'oh! Sorry, please note the date has been "fixed" and all submissions are due DECEMBER 31, 2005.

BTW - Prawnie, I got yer' pic... absolutely priceless!:)
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Great! I'm glad you like it Vic! And I can't wait to see it next to all of my friends' pics here under the arches!:flirt:
  6. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

What a cool idea, Vic! I'm all for it!
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'll snap and send asap.

An idea. How about releaseing a version first with no name-tags? And people can have a go at guessing whos who?
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Ooh, exciting! I'll send you a pic real soon Vic! Hey, that rhymed!
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hey, now that's a cool idea!

And I'm really thrilled you guys are in on this, it'll be great!
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

*BUMP

Pictures anyone? This will be a great visual if people jump on board, how about it?
  11. RedDragon

RedDragon New Member

I try to get one to you this weekend if not sooner.
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'll try and get one soon, been waiting for a god photo oppertunity to arise.
  13. jediX

jediX Active Member

Uh, sure. Why not. I'll send it when its not 2:40 in the morning and I'm not half asleep so I won't be tempted to use that ridiculous one of me in the Jedi garb with the lightsaber blade added in by Photoshop... :rolleyes:

I would recommend upping the due date, though. I mean, its not like it takes two months to take a photo of yourself. ;)

...unless you can't figure out how to use the camera or something.
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hey, man; if you wanna' add a lightsaber, I'm cool with that! Actually, that sounds really cool; but just one lightsaber here ladies and gents, and JediX here called it (of course that is if he still wants it).

I was tempted to change the deadline, but I already set it and I haet to go back on my word, so the deadline stays; HOWEVER: we need a decent amount of people to make this happen, and I'd like to make this a very large visual, so come on peeps, help me out here!!!!!!:sing:
  15. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I'm still going to send one! Time got away from me last week. I'll get you one in the next few days!
  16. jediX

jediX Active Member

Or we could always do some kind of "Where's Waldo?" thing. ;)
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'll try to send you something soon, too. Sounds like fun!:)
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

So all of you know; if you like, you can include something small in the picture with you; a pet, a Muppet... something that defines you. So far, the complete list of "guest stars" I have pictures of is Frogster and theprawncracker! We need more to make this work! :excited: :zany: :sing:
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Ba-Zing! This made me laugh so hard.:p
  20. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

I'll Send One Soon