You know you watched too much classic SS when...

SesameMike

Reaction score
You know you watched too much classic Sesame Street when...

...your kindergarten teacher shows you a drawing of an elephant and points out its trunk; you raise your hand and explain that it's also called a "snuffle".

...you name your first tropical fish "Grover"

...in kindergarten class, a picture is shown of an airplane, and a girl yells out "I won a jet plane" (in an apparent reference to The Remembering Game). Not to be outdone, you yell out "I won a cookie", and your teacher apparently mis-hears "I want a cookie". (Our kindergarten class kept an impressive array of cookies in storage, not to mention a cracker or two, but they were for and only for snack time.)

...in third grade, when asked to write a fable, you write the "A is for archer, and also for ant" story verbatim -- except for the last word which is "toe" not "ankle". After handing it in, the teacher writes on it that she knows where you got it from and asks for your own story ideas.

...riding to Brooklyn on the NJ Turnpike reminds you of Sesame Street in two ways: (1) You get off at Exit 13 (which is the local PBS station, WNET), and (2) You pass turnpike service plazas named for Grover Cleveland and Molly Pitcher.

...you help hail a taxi in New York City thanks to Kermit's instructions.

...while visiting an outdoor craft festival, you encounter a lady working a potter's wheel. As she completes a sculpture, you yell out "I saw that on Sesame Street!" The crowd watching giggles as the sculptor lets out a sarcastic "wonderful" or something like that. (The potter's wheel film in question was available on YouTube, but now I can't seem to find it.)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have an embarassing story. WHen I was in ninth grade of all grades, the teacher gave us this assiment at the beginning of the scholl year to find out a little more about us. ANd whet I was comfronted with a question that went somthing like, "Who is sombody that you really love or would like to meet" or something like that. I wrote doe my anut and uncles name and then I wrote, "and Cookie Monster". ("ABCDEF Cookie Monster, ha-ha-ha", anyone?). Well, once the word got out to my parents that I was no alright, my mom made things much etter by calling my aunt and uncle and told them the great news. I glad I have an understanding family.:embarrassed:

superboober

Reaction score
Certainly in today's high tech world you would have if you try to restart a downed computer by feeling the urge to hop up and down and cry "wubba wubba" (because it sounds so nice to say, anyway)--provided that running around in circles while screaming at the top of your lungs doesn't work.

You might also have a problem if you find the urge to hurl yourself down the stairs every time dessert comes out of the oven, you go to the movies and decide to dispose of unwanted popcorn by sliding to the floor and spilling it everywhere, you can't meet a person named Hooper without messing up their name, and you feel the need upon seeing a piano to "test" the keyboard by introducing your head to it ("I'll never get this song right, never, never, never!!!".

muppet maniac

Reaction score
you know you've watched too much classic sesame when...

You see a tin/metal trashcan and run up and bang on it, shouting "Hey Oscar! Are you in there?" I know I did once.

No really. I remember (when I was a lil' one) seeing a tin trashcan like Oscar's once (or close to it) and that's what I did

Katzi428

Reaction score
When you name your parents' car "Prairie Dawn"!
(this happened when I was around 4. It was a gold car w/a white top.)
(LOL about yours muppet maniac!:big_grin: )

Son of Enik

Reaction score
For me, I knew I had watched too much Sesame Street when every time my wife makes chocolate chip cookies, I yell "COOKIES!!"
I also find myself calling cupcakes, "cuppie cakes".

Censored

Reaction score
When you and your friend walk into the kitchen utensil section of a department store, and you put the pot on your friend's head and say, "Ride 'Em Cowboy!"

When you see a frog outside and say, "Hi, Kermit."

Even in the midst of a terrible day when you're in bad mood, you can't help but stop and think, "Oscar would be proud."

When you can't think of Franklin Roosevelt without also thinking of Roosevelt Franklin.

When you count things in a Transylvanian accent, laugh, and make thunder sounds.

When you eat alphabet soup and look to see if every letter is in there.

When you can't go to a park without breaking out in a "Doin' The Pigeons" song and dance.

When you look at your paperclips at work to see if they really are interesting.

When you have a desire to bang your head on every piano keyboard you see.

When you wonder if your child's imaginary friend could be real.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Son of Enik said:
For me, I knew I had watched too much Sesame Street when every time my wife makes chocolate chip cookies, I yell "COOKIES!!"
I also find myself calling cupcakes, "cuppie cakes".
LOL!Same with me about the "cuppiecakes":smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You've definitely watched too much Sesame Street when...

You take one bite out of any round cookie youmay have to make it look like a C.
You keep arguing against the logistics of having a doughnut with one bite out of it also looks like a C, cause you can't make it look like one with just one bite no matter how wide you open your mouth for that first bite.
You count anything and everything, and can perfectly envision glowing white numbers floating in midair in the upper righthand corner of your imaginary line of sight.

ilovekermy

Reaction score
Crazy for Sesame Street

Wheww! i THOUGHT I was the only one!

how about not dissecting frogs in school, because your afraid Kermit will miss his relatives?
Not eating Bacon, in support of Miss Piggy?
Naming your pet after any of the characters? i've had a cat named Gonzo, and a dog named Grover.. ( Dont ask.. i was a kid... my parents went along with it and humored me.. the next pets THEY chose the names)
Getting a kermit Tattoo.. i have seen this done.. i dont have one..but ive thought about it.. just not sure where i can get it so i can conceal it from parents and work lol
Every time someone makes cookies, i break out in the C is cookie song... lol:smile: :rolleyes: