You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If I didn't know any better, I'd think there isn't any actual milk in Nesquik anymore... I mean, for one thing, I keep seeing it more and more out on shelves, and in their own little cardboard displays, rather than inside coolers with other dairy products... and also, I've been noticing a little oddity on the containers: "Keep refrigerated after opening".

This is rather suspicious... wouldn't milk, flavored or not, spoil if not refrigerated?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder that too. Always did. I remember they used to have juice boxes of Hershey's Chocolate milk and it always disturbed me somehow. And I keep seeing other brands of juice box style milk that's unrefrigerated.

And then there's Yoohoo. That has milk in it, right? I swear it does.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought Yoohoo was essentially a chocolate soda... though, I think it's inspired by a drink with milk in it.. remember Mr. Hooper's Egg Cream? Milk, chocolate syrup, and seltzer water.

I don't know... I never drank Yoohoo (carbonation intolerent), however, whenever I hear, "Yoohoo", I think of the line from the Dr. Facilier YTP: "I've voodoo, I've got hoo-hoo, I've got Yoohoo, and I've got friiiiiiiiiies."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe I should bring this up on the Muppet Wiki forums, but I've noticed that Muppet Wiki has quite a few pages for Sesame Street episodes where it just lists some of the sketches. I'm not talking about episodes compiled from program guides (which are noted on the pages in those cases), but stuff from the 1980s and later (I've heard that they discontinued the parents guides at season 12, either that or CTW Archives only has guides up until then).

I can't remember any episode numbers off-hand, but these guides have a page or two, the episodes plot is summed up in a single sentence (as opposed to a more full description) in the info box (as opposed to the main body of the page), a picture or two might be there, and some (if not all) of the sketches that appear in the episode are mentioned. They're not in the guide format, and don't list episode-speciffic scenes.

I trust that the people contributing to these pages have the episodes or some other source, as opposed to just making up pages or guessing what's in the episodes. Maybe they have the episodes but hadn't felt like taking the time to do a full rundown.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought Yoohoo was essentially a chocolate soda... though, I think it's inspired by a drink with milk in it.. remember Mr. Hooper's Egg Cream? Milk, chocolate syrup, and seltzer water.

I don't know... I never drank Yoohoo (carbonation intolerent), however, whenever I hear, "Yoohoo", I think of the line from the Dr. Facilier YTP: "I've voodoo, I've got hoo-hoo, I've got Yoohoo, and I've got friiiiiiiiiies."
Dude...

Yoohoo is soooo not carbonated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then... how is it a "soft drink"? And then again, why do they call 'em, "Soft drinks"? They sure ain't soft on the throat on the way down.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Then... how is it a "soft drink"? And then again, why do they call 'em, "Soft drinks"? They sure ain't soft on the throat on the way down.

I've asked the same question many times. Maybe not here, but I guess great minds think alike. All drinks are soft, it's not like they make hard drinks (which would be hard to swallow).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
'Hard' drinks exist. They are drinks with alcohol in them. So maybe soft drinks are drinks that dont. Idk.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Mike's Hard Lemonade. I think Mike's also has a Hard Apple Juice... no, that's Redd's Apple Ale... I think... I don't know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
'Hard' drinks exist. They are drinks with alcohol in them. So maybe soft drinks are drinks that dont. Idk.
That's it exactly.

Hard drinks are alcoholic, soft drinks aren't. They're both terms that somehow are becoming archaic. At least, I don't know anyone who uses any of them anymore unless they refer to "hard" cider or "hard" lemonade.

But yeah... soft drink doesn't mean carbonated. "Sparkling" or any term of soda/tonic/pop/whatever denotes carbonated. Hi-C, Kool-Aid, orange drink are all considered soft.