You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't like yogurt (it's basically milk that's close to being spoiled), and I still don't like it when it's frozen. Ice cream FTW! :hungry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I might need to ask this in the "Ask Ken at Palisades" thread (I know he still replies on the rare occasions when questions are asked there), but you ever notice how most toys that have removable clothing (hats, glasses, etc.) the figures are wearing them in the packaging, but most Palisades Toys with removable hats and such (at least for the Muppets line, but I'm pretty sure this was also the case for other toy lines from Palisades) actually had those items separate from the toys in the packaging (with the exception of every Swedish Chef figure, as Henson would only allow a removable hat for that character if he wore it in the packaging)?

The only non-Palisades example I can think of where a toy wasn't wearing a separate piece of clothing in the packaging was the I.Q. figure from the James Bond Jr. line (I know, you've probably never heard of that show), who didn't wear his glasses in the packaging.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice that anymore, literally every single new song has, "Explicit" in the title? Every. Single. One. It kind of reminds me of how for the longest time, the title for every new episode of TOTALLY SPIES was, "[Placeholder], Much?". I mean, I don't get it, am I right, am I wrong? *Does Kramer shimmy*

snichols1973

Reaction score
Ever notice that anymore, literally every single new song has, "Explicit" in the title? Every. Single. One. It kind of reminds me of how for the longest time, the title for every new episode of TOTALLY SPIES was, "[Placeholder], Much?". I mean, I don't get it, am I right, am I wrong? *Does Kramer shimmy*
When it comes to music, we all have diverse preferences. I guess you could call me selective when it comes to finding good music from the olden days (dating back to the 1980's), and there are some genres that I don't care much about, such as hip-hop, gangster rap, heavy metal, grunge, emo, goth, etc.

It doesn't really make a difference to me who wins American Idol, since I don't watch the show, nor have I ever showed much interest in it, and while such mainstream artists aren't exactly my preference, finding wholesome music in this day and age can be as difficult as looking for a needle in a haystack, but not necessarily impossible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We somehow always seem to get into the discussion of TV and movie ratings here, and one thing I've noticed it that it seems like when it comes to certain ratings, they're constantly flip-flopped between here and Canada... for example, shows or movies that are G-rated in the U.S. are PG-rated in Canada, and vice-versa, shows and movies that are PG-rated in the U.S. are G-rated in Canada. I really don't understand that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can't remember if I ever asked this on the Muppet Central forum (I have wondered it a lot, and I asked on my Facebook wall today), but how is gravity a "law"? It's something that just happens. Breathing isn't a law. The ability to sleep or wake up isn't a law. Eating isn't a law. If the earth suddenly lost it's gravitational pull, would the earth be under arrest? Can the law of gravity be amended or repealed?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Can't remember if I ever asked this on the Muppet Central forum (I have wondered it a lot, and I asked on my Facebook wall today), but how is gravity a "law"? It's something that just happens. Breathing isn't a law. The ability to sleep or wake up isn't a law. Eating isn't a law. If the earth suddenly lost it's gravitational pull, would the earth be under arrest? Can the law of gravity be amended or repealed?

A 'law' in scientific terms is something entirely different from a government 'law,' which you are confusing it with. The definition of a 'law' when referring to anything scientific, is something that can consistently be observed and does not explain why something happens, just that it does.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the deal with Cheech and Chong being called Cheech and Chong? Cheech is his nickname, but usually the first name as far as stage names go (though he has sometimes been credited as Richard "Cheech" Marin, and sometimes even Richard Marin), while Chong is Tommy Chong's last name. They should have stuck with the precieved first names or the last names.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
What's the deal with Cheech and Chong being called Cheech and Chong? Cheech is his nickname, but usually the first name as far as stage names go (though he has sometimes been credited as Richard "Cheech" Marin, and sometimes even Richard Marin), while Chong is Tommy Chong's last name. They should have stuck with the precieved first names or the last names.
Cheech and Chong is catchier.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Old people stereotypically tend to say "back in my days..." (I say "sterotypically" because I don't think I've ever seen an actual old person in person say that or "when I was your age...", though I like to use those terms despite not being old yet), but when were an old person's days? And what makes it their days, anyway? They tend to stereotypically use "back in my days" and "when I was your age" interchangably, so is their "days" really the time when they were our ages?

In the 1970s there was Happy Days, set in the 1950s. In the 1980s there was The Wonder Years, set in the 1960s. In the 1990s there was That '70s Show, obviously set in the 1970s (well, maybe not so obviously... It could have been the 1870s or 2070s). And in the first ten years of the 2000s, there was Everybody Hates Chris, set in the 1980s (that same decade also brought us the less-successful That '80s Show). Now that 2010 had passed and we're four (going on five) years into the 2010s, when is there going to be a sitcom taking place in the 1990s? Or has there been one undetected by me?