You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, looks like just like last year, the world's coming to an end this month... this Thursday as a matter of fact.

So, everybody, say your last words, have your last meals, because Thursday, we're all gonna die.

Then, remember that Friday, we're all coming back to life again for the next episode, like in the cartoons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems as if both THE LOVE BOAT and FANTASY ISLAND were essentially dumping grounds for once-prominent primetime actors and actresses... I mean, I don't know if they really necessarily were or not, but one can certainly get that impression when you're reading or watching a biography about actors from well-known TV shows of yesteryears not doing much with their acting careers after the shows end, and guest appearances on either THE LOVE BOAT and/or FANTASY ISLAND seem to always be mentioned in their list of post-series acting credits.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems as if both THE LOVE BOAT and FANTASY ISLAND were essentially dumping grounds for once-prominent primetime actors and actresses... I mean, I don't know if they really necessarily were or not, but one can certainly get that impression when you're reading or watching a biography about actors from well-known TV shows of yesteryears not doing much with their acting careers after the shows end, and guest appearances on either THE LOVE BOAT and/or FANTASY ISLAND seem to always be mentioned in their list of post-series acting credits.
I think that had a lot to do with those being basically anthology series, even though they had a regular cast, they needed lots of different guests every week. Working actors and actresses probably saw those shows as a great way to get back into the public eye.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I actually saw an episode of Love Boat once.

Suffice to say, the Sesame Street parody had more substance and pathos.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I used to watch both those shows when I was a kid. They were on at a time when I wanted to watch something, and my sister and I could agree on 'em. They were no great shakes, but we enjoyed them for what they were.

In other news, I watched the M*A*S*H episode "Foreign Affairs" last night, and who played the sleazy, dishonest government PR man? Jeffrey Tambor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jeffrey Tambor was on M*A*S*H? I'm going to have to check out that episode... isn't that the one where Margaret was accused of being a Communist Sympathizer? I didn't remember that guy seeming familiar though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, looks like just like last year, the world's coming to an end this month... this Thursday as a matter of fact.

So, everybody, say your last words, have your last meals, because Thursday, we're all gonna die.

Then, remember that Friday, we're all coming back to life again for the next episode, like in the cartoons.

Well we have about 22 minutes left of Thursday and it looks like it didn't happen. I wasn't as scared this time around like I was last year or that one day in May 2011 (or the end of 1999). And this post was the only thing I've read about it... Nobody at work was tastelessly making jokes about it like they did the last two years.

But with that day in May 2011 and of course 2012, and now this, is there supposed to be an "end of the world scare" at least once a year now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously. What's this "the world has an expiration date" nonsense? If anything, the world's going to end because humans are very destructive to each other. So that keeps everything eerily random.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the movie Brewster's Millions, the main character inherits a fortune that he's supposed to spend all of within a short amount of time in order to inherit a muchlarger fortune. The point of this is to make him sick of spending money, and he struggles to spend all of it. But even then, it seems he never gets sick of spending money. He may struggle and be tired of having to spend it all away, but he still wants that bigger fortune.

And what's the deal with the Disney animated films being "Disney Animated Canon"? Most of the films have nothing to do with each other, presumably take place in other universes. Some of the films do have sequels, but most of the sequels aren't part of the animated canon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the deal with froyo?

Seriously, what is the deal with froyo? I mean, what's so great about the stuff? Everybody acts like it's "cool" to eat froyo, like ice cream is like so last decade or something... I mean honestly, there is not ONE ice cream shop in my town anymore... I'm not kidding, and I'm not exaggerating, there isn't a single ice cream shop in my entire town anymore. All the Baskin-Robbin locations were bought out by, of all things, a froyo chain (the only Baskin-Robbin anywhere near here is all the way out in Farragut), and just within the last month, all the Marble Slab locations shut down too.

But, getting back to the original point... so, like is froyo like cigarettes or something? It makes you look cool or everybody's doin' it or what?