You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone previously was complaining about how DUCK DYNASTY is everywhere... and you know what? The more I actually anywhere, I've found that's actually true... I thought SpongeBob was bad years ago, I've never seen the like... sure, I can expect to see DUCK DYNASTY on DVD, on t-shirts and such... but DUCK DYNASTY books... DUCK DYNASTY sleepwear... DUCK DYNASTY throw blankets... DUCK DYNASTY band-aids... DUCK DYNASTY Chia Pets... the all-DUCK DYNASTY store at the mall... gosh, BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR never got any of this merchandising!

Kohls must have some special deal with the show. They have all this annoying Duck Dynasty stuff everywhere.

But at least it's not the Kardassmastersons or whatever they are. At least the Duck guys made something of themselves and worked to get where they are. The Kardashians are only popular because the tabloids tell us they are.

What's the deal with talking animals on cartoons and movies?

Seriously there are only a few that should be talking
Brian Griffin
Garfield
Klaus
Something that should not be dignified with a response on a Muppet Website.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Brian because he is the funniest dog every
Klaus because he is the best German ever
Garfield because he is the only cat I don't find annoying
You know Garfield technically doesn't talk...if you read the comic he's thinking all of what he says :stick_out_tongue:

But you realize you're complaining about talking animals on a muppet site, where almost every muppet is a talking animal. Kermit the FROG, Miss PIGGY, Fozzie BEAR. Your argument is invalid :stick_out_tongue:

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
You know Garfield technically doesn't talk...if you read the comic he's thinking all of what he says :stick_out_tongue:

But you realize you're complaining about talking animals on a muppet site, where almost every muppet is a talking animal. Kermit the FROG, Miss PIGGY, Fozzie BEAR. Your argument is invalid :stick_out_tongue:
Well I can't put all of them on it....plus not all muppets are animals:big_grin:r Teeth,Bunsen,Beaker,Scooter,Janice,Zoot,(not sure what Animal is)Wayne and Wanda,Swedish Chef,Newsreader,Marvin Suggs,Pops,(Gonzo is an alien so that dosen't count)Lew Zealand,Crazy Harry,Lips,Walter,Nigel.And I am not complaining about them,they just aren't my favourite

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, he does as of those dumb live action movies (minus the comics, they're still thought bubbles). They carried it over to the far better CGI DTV films and the new TV show. I really don't care too much for his mouth moving, and I think they (and by they, I wanna say Mark Evanier) threw in a reference to him not being able to talk while his mouth still moves. I guess it was written before the animation came back. Or he does that Lady and the Tramp thing where he only talks to other animals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was going through an old tape yesterday of stuff I had taped around Christmas 1998 or so, and it's dawned on me that there were a LOT of parallel similarities between Cartoon Network's treatment of THE POWERPUFF GIRLS and ED, EDD N EDDY. For example:

- For both shows, CN, for some reason, used the second episode as the premiere episode.
- Both PPG and EEE were promoted heavily... that's not to say previous Cartoon Cartoons weren't promoted when they were new, but PPG and EEE in particular had a lot of promotion. Both had promos for the series as a whole, and both also had individual promos for each character.
- Both were given taglines, PPG being, "Saving the world before bedtime", while EEE being, "It's an Ed thing".
- Both ended up being renewed after the standard 52-episode limit, due to their enormous popularity.
- Both ended up having movies, though the PPG movie was theatrical, and EEE's was made-for-TV.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
quote=Myself]Someone previously was complaining about how DUCK DYNASTY is everywhere... and you know what? The more I actually anywhere, I've found that's actually true... I thought SpongeBob was bad years ago, I've never seen the like... sure, I can expect to see DUCK DYNASTY on DVD, on t-shirts and such... but DUCK DYNASTY books... DUCK DYNASTY sleepwear... DUCK DYNASTY throw blankets... DUCK DYNASTY band-aids... DUCK DYNASTY Chia Pets... the all-DUCK DYNASTY store at the mall... gosh, BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR never got any of this merchandising! [/quote]
Oh yeah, I actually forgot... there's even DUCK DYNASTY mobile homes! Seriously!

But continuing: Have you ever noticed whenever you get light-up or fiber-optic decorations, novelty items, knick-knacks, whatevers that have multiple colors, it's always the blue lights that die first? (Usually, it seems like red is always the last to die). Why? How does blue eat up more battery life than the other colors? I mean the items use each of the lights just as long, why would one color light die long before the others? And why is it always blue? Would blue not be the first to die if it wasn't my favorite color? I wonder.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But continuing: Have you ever noticed whenever you get light-up or fiber-optic decorations, novelty items, knick-knacks, whatevers that have multiple colors, it's always the blue lights that die first? (Usually, it seems like red is always the last to die). Why? How does blue eat up more battery life than the other colors? I mean the items use each of the lights just as long, why would one color light die long before the others? And why is it always blue? Would blue not be the first to die if it wasn't my favorite color? I wonder.

Blue is the second strongest frequency of light in the visible spectrum. Red is the weakest. So, blue uses up more power and energy to keep going.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone ever watch the episode "Cowabunga Shredhead" of the original TMNT cartoon?

My question is, what's the deal with the ending where Michelangelo is eating pizza and talking, and all the sudden you see this weird still frame of the other 3 Turtles and April looking at him, then it zooms into Raph is in a weird pose and his mouth randomly moves? You know... this shot:

Seriously. What is the deal with that happening?