You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why are there so many different songs (not performances or arrangements) titled "Together Again"? There's:
  • The song from The Muppets Take Manhattan
  • The song from Here Comes Garfield
  • The country song sung by a number of different artists, including Buck Owens, Vince Gill, Ray Charles, and Emma Thompson (I don't know who originated the song)
  • An instrumental jazz tune by Dave Koz
  • A song from Mike Candys
Why do so many Christmas songs contain the line, "All I want for Christmas is you"?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Getting Even with Dad have a happy ending for the father? Actually, with the exception of Macully Culkins' character, who got what he wanted (for his father to spend time with him and give up being a robber), did anybody truly get a happy ending?

I mean, he goes to get the coins he had stolen, but starts to have a change of heart (especially since his son wanted to leave him due to his life as a robber). It's been a few years since I last watched this movie, but I'm thinking that he decides not to take the money, only to take it because one of his two partners-in-crime, the most greedy one, forces him to. And there's also another partner-in-crime who seems to have gotten away from both of them (but to be fair that one seemed to be the least evil/greedy of the three). The police comes to arrest them... But it turns out that the son had replaced the stolen rare coins with ordinary pennies, so none of the criminals get arrested, and the cops do end up finding the rare coins.

And at the very end, when the son asks his father if they could have something, the father remarks that his son cost him a million dollars, as if he's not happy with how things had turned out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When the question arises, "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?", is that counting how many licks until a little bit of the Tootsie Roll center emerges through the sucker, when all of the sucker has been licked away and all that's left is the Tootsie Roll center?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is something Cullen and I were actually discussing not too long ago, but it's still interesting to think about: have you ever noticed with a number of animated series, the creator(s) is/are quite involved with the writing process for the first season or two, then basically turn it all over to a writing staff afterwards? That's one thing I found intriguing about COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG as a kid, John Dilworth wrote a bulk of the first season, but after that, wrote only two episodes during the second and final seasons (one of which was the awesome, yet infamous Mask episode).

Conversely, you have some animated shows where the creators continue writing throughout the entire run of the show, like COW AND CHICKEN or ED, EDD N EDDY... in fact, even though aka CARTOON had a writing staff, seems like almost every single episode of EEE was conceived, penned, or co-written by Danny Antonucci, then again, he has said that everything we see on the show is from his own childhood experiences, or based on the things his sons got into.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Someone previously was complaining about how DUCK DYNASTY is everywhere... and you know what? The more I actually anywhere, I've found that's actually true... I thought SpongeBob was bad years ago, I've never seen the like... sure, I can expect to see DUCK DYNASTY on DVD, on t-shirts and such... but DUCK DYNASTY books... DUCK DYNASTY sleepwear... DUCK DYNASTY throw blankets... DUCK DYNASTY band-aids... DUCK DYNASTY Chia Pets... the all-DUCK DYNASTY store at the mall... gosh, BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR never got any of this merchandising!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Saw a commercial for the Grammy's nominations special and just noticed that Adele hasn't put anything out since she's become happy. The only thing she put out was that Bond song, and that's about it.

Daniel

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The last season of SCTV aired on Cinemark (or was it Cinemax?) in a 45-minute format. That channel was commercial free, so what's the deal of having a show that short? With no commercial interruptions, they'd need 15 minutes of commercial time to fill before the next program (or maybe split the 15 minutes of commercial time before and after the program). Did they do this in case reruns aired on channels that have commercial interruptions (though I've read that in syndication the longer-than-30-minute episodes are split into 30 minute shows)?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Someone previously was complaining about how DUCK DYNASTY is everywhere... and you know what? The more I actually anywhere, I've found that's actually true... I thought SpongeBob was bad years ago, I've never seen the like... sure, I can expect to see DUCK DYNASTY on DVD, on t-shirts and such... but DUCK DYNASTY books... DUCK DYNASTY sleepwear... DUCK DYNASTY throw blankets... DUCK DYNASTY band-aids... DUCK DYNASTY Chia Pets... the all-DUCK DYNASTY store at the mall... gosh, BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR never got any of this merchandising!
There's an all Duck Dynasty store at a mall near you? Ugh. That's basically the worst thing I've ever heard of. If I was obscenely rich, I'd buy out the store and take all the merchandise straight to the dump.

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
What's the deal with talking animals on cartoons and movies?

Seriously there are only a few that should be talking
Brian Griffin
Garfield
Klaus