You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This surprises you, given how even G-rated movies these days have swearing in them?

Really? There's still G-rated movies? And they have swearing? I had no idea there was swearing in G-rated movies.

Man, why am I so behind on these kinds of things regarding modern pop culture?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
This surprises you, given how even G-rated movies these days have swearing in them?
Isn't it the other way around? As in, movies with no swearing at all get rated PG instead of G?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
G-General Audience
PG -Parental Guidance

It depends. G is supposed to be appropriate for anyone, so mild swears seem to be getting slipped in. PG seems to be more for actiony and scary things, and not so much language...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It depends. G is supposed to be appropriate for anyone, so mild swears seem to be getting slipped in. PG seems to be more for actiony and scary things, and not so much language...

I have noticed bad language in PG movies, but very few G movies, normally just the "H" word (examples including The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppet Treasure Island).

And in those cases it seems like less of a big deal to me than South Park airing in daytime hours.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the deal with the fact that the original Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island soundtracks were not released on Walt Disney Records? Disney owned the distribution rights to those films, so probably could have. It makes sense that MCC was released by BMG Kidz though the Jim Henson Records label, but Disney didn't own BMG Kidz. And the MCC soundtrack came out a year before the label's full launch. And then the MTI soundtrack was released by Angel, again not owned by Disney, shortly after the Jim Henson Records label had ended.

I mean, did the Jim Henson Records deal have something stating that other record companies couldn't release Muppet albums, regardless of if Henson owns the distribution rights (which could have been the case with MCC)? Though I think the John Denver Christmas album was in print during that time and that was never available on Jim Henson Records (but then again, one was an existing production that had been released before the Jim Henson Records deal, the other a new production made around the time of the Jim Henson Records deal).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed that Comedy Central has been showing reruns of South Park during daytime hours. Really??? Given how vulgar the show is,I'm surprised they can consider putting it on during the daytime.
They're still the bowdlerized syndicated versions, though. The original TV-MA versions are still broadcast in the watershed area (past 9pm).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Whats the big deal putting it on during the day? Parents should be monitoring what their kids watch anyway.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Comedy Central never plays kid stuff, do they? So I can't understand the question.. :confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Comedy Central never plays kid stuff, do they? So I can't understand the question.. :confused:
...that was my point. Comedy Central doesn't play anything for kids so what's the big deal about them showing South Park during the day?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, what's the deal with women who go absolutely BERSERK whenever they don't get their orders at McDonald's? I've lost count of how many videos I've seen of women who are in the drive-thru at the crack of dawn, ordering McNuggets, then when they say they don't serve McNuggets that early, the women jump out of their cars, dive through the window, and start throwing the punches at the employees for not giving them McNuggets.

Then, of course, I've also seen numerous videos where some women are ordering in, their orders are taking too long, and as such, they start a riot by wrecking the place.

So, like what? Do women choose to visit McDonald's a certain time of the month or something?