Yoda puppet in london

muppetperson

Reaction score
Looks great, but I would say that the original Yoda would of gone to Heaven a while ago.I wonder if this is a resin sculpture or a recast puppet?

paganpoet

Reaction score
wow, i like that alot! Is it the 'real' yoda? I would imagine that it is a replica, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks for posting the link!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's very cool! It has to be some sort of refined maquette or recast, but it seems to scale and authentic. My guess is that this is not a functioning puppet, rather it is a production model. That doesn't take away the cool factor. :cool:

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
That one's been exhibited several times and I'm pretty sure the general understanding is that it's a static reproduction made using some of the original molds and potentially some screen-used costume elements.

Looking at the way it's aged over time I'd guess that it's a slip-cast latex piece (more durable than foam latex but still prone to drying/discoloring over time).

I've seen several of the original screen-used Yoda faces up close, and they were indeed foam latex (and most are in a bit of a sorry state now, I'm afraid!)

Tom

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
i am new to the muppet central forum and i was wondering if there was a cite that i could go to to see this yoda.....i was never a big starwars fans but i loved yoda......let me know something as soo as possible thanx again

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That is one really nice puppet! It's it possible that the one used in episode one is still around?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd take it. I'd put it on a shelf somewhere near some Master Replicas Muppets I own. :smile: