Yoda in a Diet Pepsi commercial

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yeah, I know Yoda's not really a Muppet...but hey, it's Frank Oz!

Anyway, I just saw this commercial while watching "Jeopardy!" yesterday...and it's AWESOME!!!

I'm not sure when it will air again, but here is a direct link to the page that talks about it, and if you have Quicktime, there's a link to view it! Just click on the little 320x240 box to the left of Yoda.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/diet_pepsi.html

Convincing John

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Cool find! Are parts of that puppetry? Or is Yoda still all CGI?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can someone describe it for those who are too lazy to go look?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sure; there's a dude in this diner who's about to have a cheeseburger and fries, when off camera you hear Yoda use his jedi mind trick to make the dude give up his burger. Then you see Yoda on the stool to the left of him as the cheeseburger floats away from the dude. Then Yoda convinces him to fork over the fries and once again the dude mindlessly let's 'em float away. But when Yoda tries to get the diet Pepsi, the dude snaps out of it and is able to have the mind power to fight the diet Pepsi from Yoda's force grasp. Then there's all the corporate taglines for diet Pepsi and Episode III, and the final scene is Yoda catching a glimpse of someone elses diet Pepsi and just as he's about to try and snatch that one, Chewbacca (who's sitting to the left of Yoda) does his growl with the dialogue appearing saying "Don't even think about it."

It's funny enough for a look.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is a great, funny commercial... it's pretty out of character for Yoda to use the force in such a way ( boardering on the Dark side), but still, one of the best commercials I've seen in some time.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ha ha! I stumbled across this thread and thought it deserved to be bumped, as the above link still works and if you haven't already, it's worth a look-see!