Yet Another "TravellingMatt" Muppet Show Blueprint...

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUESTS: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: A small Muppet bird sings "Birdhouse In Your Soul"...from inside a Muppet monster.

STATLER: Hey Waldorf, have you ever had a birdhouse in your soul?
WALDORF: (in Kermit's voice) No, but I have a frog in my throat!

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo laments to Kermit that since They Might Be Giants are the guest stars, he's not the weirdest personality on the show anymore, and vows to come up with the craziest act he's ever thought of.

GUEST STARS: They Might Be Giants perform "Why Does The Sun Shine?" with Bobby Benson and his Baby Band. A blue sky with a giant round sun is used as a backdrop.

MUPPET NEWSFLASH
NEWSMAN: Here's a Muppet Newsflash...it turns out that the sun prop used in the last number is actually a giant yellow bowling ball...

ANIMAL (offstage): STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

(a yellow bowling ball hits the Newsman, but leaves his desk and all on it untouched)

SCOOTER (offstage): Sorry, Animal...that's a 7-10 split!

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo annoys Kermit by zipping past him at odd intervals with props for his act, including a live goat, power tools, and a piece of melba toast.

SKIT: At The Dance

SONG: "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)", as sung by a pack of Anything Muppets dressed as explorers. At song's end, Gobo and Uncle Travelling Matt come up from a pile of dirt and ask "Where are we, anyway?"

WALDORF: (singing) Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople...
STATLER: I don't care where it is or what it is, as long as it's far away from this theatre!
BOTH: DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

SKIT: Gonzo the Great performs his weirdest act to date...playing "The Blue Bells of Scotland" with power tools, a live goat, and a piece of melba toast. However, he hits the last note (played on the goat's head) too hard, and the goat headbutts him into Statler and Waldorf's box.

KERMIT: Gonzo, are you OK?
GONZO: Are you kidding? I've never been better! WHAT A FINISH!

TALK SEGMENT: Gonzo and the guys in They Might Be Giants are in jubilation over Gonzo's theatrical triumph. The segment turns into a song, with TMBG, Gonzo, and various Muppets singing "The Famous Polka". This goes down in history as the weirdest Talk Spot since the Mummenschanz appeared on the show.

SONG: "Particle Man"...Scooter sings the song as Beaker (Particle Man/Person Man), gets his usual abuse, this time from Boppity (Triangle Man) and Sweetums (Universe Man).

WALDORF: Y'know, we still get it worse than poor Beaker does...
STATLER: How so?
WALDORF: We watch this show each week!
BOTH: DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

CLOSING NUMBER: They Might Be Giants sing "Boss Of Me" (the "Malcolm In The Middle" theme) to the giant monsters.

CLOSING THEME/CREDITS

CLOSING REMARKS FROM STATLER AND WALDORF:

STATLER: So that was They Might Be Giants...
WALDORF (adjusting his hearing aid): Eh?
STATLER: They Might Be Giants!
WALDORF: And we just might enjoy the show!
BOTH: DOHHH HO HO HO...

grail

Reaction score
that's brilliant! and so very much like what TMBG would do. i really like the part about Gonzo "not being the wierdest"

BRAVO!! *standing ovation*

(man, if any of these turn out as real eps, and you don't get credit, i'll testify for you!)

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well considering that Kermit, Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf are in the new show, rather not it be Kermit and some really old backup character turned second stringer...

"IT'S THE KERMIT AND WALDO SHOW!"

BlueAM

Reaction score
TravellingMatt said:
SONG: "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)", as sung by a pack of Anything Muppets dressed as explorers. At song's end, Gobo and Uncle Travelling Matt come up from a pile of dirt and ask "Where are we, anyway?"
Nice idea, but I've never even heard of the song. Sounds like music hall or something.

BlueAM

Drtooth

Reaction score
I LOVED IT!!! FOUR STARS!!!

I especially liked this part...

TravellingMatt said:
MUPPET NEWSFLASH
NEWSMAN: Here's a Muppet Newsflash...it turns out that the sun prop used in the last number is actually a giant yellow bowling ball...

ANIMAL (offstage): STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

(a yellow bowling ball hits the Newsman, but leaves his desk and all on it untouched)

SCOOTER (offstage): Sorry, Animal...that's a 7-10 split!
The Scooter quote makes the joke Pop!