Yes, I LIKED KSY! (don't shoot, I beg of you)

Ryan

Reaction score
Yes, I'm one of the four who like the "movie". But, it really doesn't seem "Movie-like". More of a TV special. Here's some high points (DVD and movie) and low points.

- I enjoyed Goggles tremendously. I really hope they reuse him. Although Croaker was a nice one time character, I don't think it's one of Bill's better characters. Blotch is brilliantly performed by John. I hope he is reused also. Basically because you know he's really a sweetheart on the inside, and this seems like a good idea to go with.

- The Miss Piggy refrence was nice. I still would have liked to see a school scene where a young Piggy is a new student, but well, maybe in the prequel's sequel ;0)

- I really enjoy Joe, the armidillo. He's a really funny character. As for the cheap website, it blows.

- Bill Barretta's "This is my trailer!" bit is just hillarious! This is one reason why Jackie should reconsider abandoning KSY ;0)

- The Rowlf thing was really dragged out and un-needed, but it was still nice. I would have liked to seen this have something to do with the "movie".

- THE HAMSTER! "Will I get my belly scratched?" "Every day, baby" "Oh, that sounds nice!" ADORABLE!

- Vicki is a hillarious character. Way to go, Alice!

- Yes, the actors were terrible. If they are in the next movie (ESPECIALLY Mary), I may just have to bawl a little bit....

- I also wasn't too fond of Kermit's voice. Steve kept slipping into adult Kermit, which was a little weird.

- The Jewsih turtles are a very nice touch. "I'll bet five bucks on the fat one." "I'll take that action!"

- I think Pilgrim was nice, but only for this special project.

- I really like Jack Rabbit. A great Steve Character.

- The Dog from Tale Of The Bunny Picnic was awesome. Bill voiced him just right.

- Horace D' Fly: I would have better liked a puppet version.

- Zippy Scooter: WHY? What happened to the Schwinn?

Well, that's about it. Overall, I'll give it 4 Kermit heads. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Loved your point by point dvd review! Hey, it sounds very similair to my point by point case:wink: hehe Anyways, yeah I think we are in the very small minority.

>>>I really enjoy Joe, the armidillo. He's a really funny character. As for the cheap website, it blows.

- Bill Barretta's "This is my trailer!" bit is just hillarious! This is one reason why Jackie should reconsider abandoning KSY ;0)<<<

Oh man...Joe the Armadillo and the backstage thing had me on the floor almost. Seriously...that 'Mr. sockity sockman' thing with Joe was too much, followed by the Bill using the bathroom thing. TOO MUCH! I loved the little insterted cameos...why the heck wasnt Joe in the actual film? I sincerely hope JHC uses him in the future! The hamster in the video was so cute as well...how come though Im the only one who pointed out the two penguins make a cameo?

There were some other great cameos there, didnt expect that retro Statler and Waldorf cameo! For the record I think Pilgrim is not a Muppet, but a creature shop. Btw, I didnt see any references to Rowlf...hmmm

Hey, when someone said Stat and Wal wer ein KSY, at first I thought they meant the old Jewish turtles. There were quite a bit of play on and references...I guess people just didnt list em all.

Ok folks, if ya need 5 reason to get KSY dvd:

Joe the Armadillo...best new Muppet youll love since Pepe
Bill Baretta bathroom thing
Kermit impersonating Swedish Chef and Link Hogthrob
ACTUAL SETS!(yes, thats a real swamp they filmed in folks!)
and finally...croaker and goggles...surprisingly cool

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
I gotta get this sometime soon! I only saw half of the movie, but I enjoyed it. Fav new character was Croaker. Pligram annoyed me. Bloopers were halarious.
Gotta get that DVD.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I gotta get this sometime soon! I only saw half of the movie, but I enjoyed it. Fav new character was Croaker. Pligram annoyed me. Bloopers were halarious.
Gotta get that DVD.<<<

Oh if you thought the Bloopers they showed after KSY on Starz and on the vhs were cool...youve gotta see the extra blooper reel on the extras. And I loved Croaker...Bill Baretta strikes gold again! I didnt care for Pilgrim, but that was a creature shop type character and not a Muppet. Love the look of the pet store, that really surprised me. But yes, youve gotta check out the dvd!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
- I really enjoy Joe, the armidillo. He's a really funny character. As for the cheap website, it blows.
I thought the cheap website was all part of the joke - you know, that Joe has to do all the stuff himself i.e. Produced by Joe the Armadillo, Directed by Joe the Armadillo, Joe the Armadillo productions and so on!

Guy!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I also liked Kermit's Swamp Years but the retro S and W sorta freaked me out.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ryan,

One of the writers or Producers, Mauybe Lim Lewis is obsessed with Scooters, I read or saw that in an Interview somewhere.

I also loved Goggles the most from this movie, Croaker had some funny moments, But wasnt great !

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
So great to have a little area where we can talk about what *was* great about the KSY dvd.

>>>One of the writers or Producers, Mauybe Lim Lewis is obsessed with Scooters, I read or saw that in an Interview somewhere.<<<

Man, even the stciker on the dvd cover said "$50 off a scooter inside!"

I also loved Goggles the most from this movie, Croaker had some funny moments, But wasnt great <<<

I loved both, but Croaker really stood out...he just really embodied that edge Bill puts into all his characters. I dont know why people didnt like Joe Armadillo's site...it fits right in with him. I can totally relate to Joe, and just love his personality and character. The retro S & W was pretty out there, I didnt see that coming. (Though if KSY is the late 60's, whats with th emodern backpacks and slight hip hop fashion in the school?)

Good to see people poitning out the good stuff!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Though if KSY is the late 60's, whats with th emodern backpacks and slight hip hop fashion in the school?
That's what I was thinking. For some reason, that really bugged me.

So this means that the fashion people really slacked off, or this happened to Kermit yesterday (and boy, did he have a growth spurt overnight, and all kinds of adventures with new friends)...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I liked Ernie the Ali-ga-tor,I hope he is shown more since he is in the muppet movie.