Yep Yep Guys

mckgreg

Reaction score
You all remember those bizarre characters that say "Yep..yep..yep..yep..uh huh?" Many people seem to know of them but I am unable to find anything online about them. No images, no wavs, nothing! What is the story about these guys and why are there never references to them?!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There are two skits that feature them from the early 70's. They're Martians and they land on earth and explore our world.

In one skit they find a telephone, and according to their little red book, they try communicating by making various animal sounds (cow, cat, chicken) but to no avail. Finally the phone rings, and they answer back "BRRRRRRRRRIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!" and are happy to make contact with an earthling.

In the second one they find a grandfather clock, and believe it must be an earth person since it's tall, has a face, and hands. They hear the clock ticking, and think that's how it talks. Then the clock strikes nine, and the loud bells scare the Martians off.

There's also an impossible-to-find clip of Bob singing by the brick wall, and the Martians come in and join him.

Many years later, there's a clip of the Martians coming into Bert and Ernie's apartment, and Bert offers them oatmeal.

It's something how these characters are remembered by so many, and they only appeared in a handful of clips- although the first two clips were in heavy rotation for years

mckgreg

Reaction score
I was told by someone they still show up on Sesame Street today! That suprised me...

maxdrive

Reaction score
the thing i rember most is there song about family i always ge tthat stuck in my head
yip yip you
yip yip me
yip yip baby
yip yip family

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
mckgreg said:
I was told by someone they still show up on Sesame Street today! That suprised me...
Well, I remember they made an appearance in the Elmopalooza special and that wasn't too long ago.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
mckgreg said:
The only thing I did find from these guys was that song. Check it out...http://www.happydeathinc.com/eotmaug02.htm

That guy writing that article is a wuss! I know sometimes as kids people got scared of Sesame Street or Muppet characters but please! The Yip Yip Marians were always cool in my book, and they are probably the Muppets I quote the most in day to day conversation ("Yip yip yip yip, uh-huh, uh-huh").

Mario

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
the thing i rember most is there song about family i always ge tthat stuck in my head
yip yip you
yip yip me
yip yip baby
yip yip family
Haha, I was singing that the whole time that I was reading this post.