1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Special: The Cookie Thief
    Discuss "The Cookie Thief", an all-new one-hour Sesame Street special. "The Cookie Thief" also features the farewell performance of veteran Muppeteer Fran Brill.

X-tink-shun: A Wild Puppet X-perience

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by MuppetMusings, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MuppetMusings

MuppetMusings New Member

The Jim Henson Company has partnered with the Philadelphia Zoo to create X-tink-shun: A Wild Puppet X-perience. The unique puppet exhibit will run from April 9 to October 31, 2011 at the Philadelphia Zoo. X-tinkshun tells the story of endangered species with a cast of specially created puppet characters from the Jim Henson Company. The exhibit combines live theatrical puppet presentations, performances and other interactive elements thoughout the zoo.

More information: http://muppetbalcony.blogspot.com/2011/03/philadelphia-zoo-and-jim-henson-company.html

As someone who lives in Philadelphia, I know I'll be visiting the zoo this summer to check this out. Anyone else?
  2. Stulz

Stulz Member

Yeah, I'll definitely be making a zoo trip this summer!
  3. MuppetMusings

MuppetMusings New Member

Has anyone here seen this yet?I would love to hear from anyone here who has experienced it. I'm planning a trip to the zoo next weekend, and will definitely share my opinions with everyone afterwards.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Terrible name, but great looking puppets and theme. This is one of those rare times the public can see real Muppets performed live and in person, so I definitely hope someone camcorders this. Also...wait a second, some of those puppets look familiar:)
  5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

The name makes me think of totally radical surfer/skater dudes from the '80s. Or a rap album starring the Dinosaurs characters. :p
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The name seems more like a bad 1998/1999 marketing ploy, when everything was X-TREME! But alas this is some very cool news.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

8. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I've been there to see it, and it's very entertaining. I saw Didi Dodo, Phibi Frog, Iggle Eaglet, Alfreda Cheeta, and Douc Langer.
  9. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great Exhibit! I hope the puppets used for X-tink-shun get to be used for Season 43 of Sesame Street.

The animals were cute.