Wy did you think Crazy Harry retired?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
He's made some appearances still right? Albeit non-speaking ones; I wasn't aware that he actually retired (even though Jerry did). Maybe he's a pacifist now. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He was in the Muppets Wizard of Oz. I think his voice was even heard on the DVD version of that (the MUCH better version).

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah, he didn't necessarily retire, but he doesn't talk either, just like Rowlf, Floyd, and the other really good characters. I guess they figured Pepe and Rizzo can take care of all their jobs. Of course I did here he was sent to Guantanimo Bay, Cuba because Bush suspected him of terrorism, lol. But seriously, since he does deal with explosions and bombs, maybe that's why they cut back on him. Even if so, that's kinda rediculous. Like Jim said, there's a huge diffrence between someone getting stabbed with a knife and an obvious toy being thrown around.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
He was in the Muppets Wizard of Oz. I think his voice was even heard on the DVD version of that (the MUCH better version).
Actually, I recall him having a few lines even in the TV version of MWOO. I'll have to check on that again.

Xerus

Reaction score
And I heard that Crazy Harry was in the Muppet Party Cruise video game as well.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Basicly alot of the crazy and funny things the muppets did in the early days wee retired do to things that were happening in the world.

if u look at a lot of the later and more recent muppet productions, u see a lot less of the random explosions, and other mildly cartoon like violince that was oftne associated with the muppets in thier formative years,

reall terrorist attacks, and bombings that were happening durring the late seventies and mid eighties promted the muppet writers to lessen and eventually discontinue those elements, while not totally eliminating them(yes thier are random explosions in some muppet productions even today) but over all since crazy harry is pretty much a one trick pony his usefulness interms of comedy has been lessend, he was actually on rebuilt within the last ten years i think for a brief apperance in Muppets from space(or maybe treasure island)
hope that answers your question.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, you are right. And while it is meant for innocent comedy, these days it is a very taboo topic. People do not find it quite so funny anymore especially after 9/11 and how our country is now constantly on edge about terrorism. A person could get in trouble for even saying the word "bomb" in an airport.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
well today its a even more extreme thing but crazy harry has been pretty mush phased out since the mid eighties,

still i think folks are a littel to sensitive when it comes to this stuff, but i guess thier isnt much that can be done about it, no matter what you say or do , their is always one or two organizations that go on the attack these days if they dont like something and then spoil it for the rest of us,(im not singling any organizations out, so lest not get in a big brew haha over that )

its lot like all the cartoon violence being removed from old warner bros,and Tex avery cartoons from MGM,

yet we still have shows like POKEMON were its basicly a show about cock fights for kids, pitting one pet against another, it is indeed a bizare world we live in