Worst sequels

Drtooth

Reaction score
Every... single... Land Before Time on DVD. The only reason they stopped making them is because they shut the animation studio down. There are movies that don't quite measure up, there are ones that fall flat, then there's ones made to sell crappy DVD's to shut 5 year olds up for 80 minutes. Even some of the Disney DTV cheapquels weren't that poor.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey- I love the first movie and I watched the second one (mostly) and tried to enjoy it- and there may be a few things here and there that are enjoyable (mainly The Wyld Styllns' performance of "God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You" [an Argent song, covered by KISS years later- but before that- covered memorably to me by Petra:smile::sing:])- but for the most part, that movie really was most heinous and totally bogus....

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey- I love the first movie and I watched the second one (mostly) and tried to enjoy it- and there may be a few things here and there that are enjoyable (mainly The Wyld Styllns' performance of "God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You" [an Argent song, covered by KISS years later- but before that- covered memorably to me by Petra:smile::sing:])- but for the most part, that movie really was most heinous and totally bogus....
Oooo very true. That movie was very disappointing. Lost all of the light hearted fun of the original. That's how I felt with waynes world 2

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm pretty much in agreement on Wayne's World 2. The first one is fun enough- I didn't get into the sequel as much. I finally watched both a while back- and they're honestly the kind of movies that are fun to view once- but I'm not a big fan like I want to see them over and over again. Though the "We're not worthy!" bit with Alice Cooper is still hilarious! And the Grey Poupon gag- classic. Schwing! Schwing!:smile::big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score

I severely disagree. I actually prefer the going to Hades and back storyline over the time travel story. Not that I didn't love the first, that is. Now, you know what Bill and Ted movie really would have been heinous, and most non-non-nontriumphant? Biodome. Yep. True story. It was supposed to be Bill and Ted 3, but it sucked so badly, they just made it a Pauly Shore film.

Like what I did in the best sequels thread, I'm going to switch it to video games.

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. I'd call it a noble failure, if it wasn't so frustrating. The music's good, the animations are fun, Pac-man can pull off some hilarious expressions. On the surface it could be a fun game if you really have the patience of a Jedi Knight. But Pac does not like you to tell him what to do half the time, you keep making him notice something over and over, and he refuses to respond. The SNES one is unwinnable due to some really poor programming on the last boss. And to get a perfect game, you need every single secret in the game, and half of them can only be pulled off if Pac-Man is willing. While I like the idea of an interactive cartoon A) can't you come up with an original character or did you know this would be so bad you needed to slap a famous character on it and B) sometimes when you make something so novel, it becomes alienating. I actually do want to like this game, but it's more hair pulling than fun, the frustration outweighs the humor. Not that it doesn't try.

Secondly, both crappy Earthworm Jim games after the second one. The garbage Game Boy Color game and the lousy 3-D one. Which sucks, since the 3-D one tries to emulate the cartoon show... even gets the voice actors back, and fails at it. Especially maddening since this was supposed to continue the cancelled cartoon series. Which was awesome, I don't care what the Shiny employees say (seriously, of all the video games to get cartoons, that's the old shame).

And, while not considered sequels, the first 2 Mega Man games for Game Boy. 3-5, 5 especially, came out of their shells and became great follow up games for the NES series, and fun in their own right. 1 and 2 are just terrible. There's a LOT of hate for 2, but I think the first 2 are equally bad. Only so much forgiveness for trying to get the game to work on a different system is given for the first one. The second one has one of the worst Mega Man weapons there ever was... that stupid pogostick jackhammer thingy. I don't even want to dignify it by looking up the proper name.

OH! Forgot one of the most important ones. Donkey Kong Jr. Math.

REALLY?!?! Dude, if you want to make learning fun, you make the learning fun. You don't make the game a bigger chore than math homework.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And, while not considered sequels, the first 2 Mega Man games for Game Boy. 3-5, 5 especially, came out of their shells and became great follow up games for the NES series, and fun in their own right. 1 and 2 are just terrible. There's a LOT of hate for 2, but I think the first 2 are equally bad. Only so much forgiveness for trying to get the game to work on a different system is given for the first one. The second one has one of the worst Mega Man weapons there ever was... that stupid pogostick jackhammer thingy. I don't even want to dignify it by looking up the proper name.
The 2nd one also had hideous music. At least the 1st one contains nice remixes of the Robot Master themes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second one's music really isn't so bad, just poorly orchestrated. There are some great covers and remixes out there that prove that they're actually quite good. I don't know where you can find them exactly though. Airman's theme especially got hit hard by poor instrumentation on the system, but has an awesome cover by something called Phoenix Project. I've actually got that one and am listening to it now. It's such a shame that the music is good in theory but fails in execution.

Bridget

Reaction score
More than likely this is just moi... but I did not really enjoy Night At The Museum 2 all that much...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME II:WORST DISNEY SEQUEL TO A GREAT DISNEY MOVIE!