worst news about Sesame Street Unpaved

mikealan

Reaction score
I felt bad about Sesame Street Unpaved. I felt worried that everybody hates old Sesame Street, the Electric Company, any Henson shows like the Muppet Show and any classic CTW shows. But I still HATE the Warner Bros. shows and I still HATE the oldies songs!!!! I think SSU, TMS and the other shows will never be back on again. Do you???

ssetta

Reaction score
I'm afraid you're right. I'm very upset about it, but sometimes we just have to accept those changes.:frown:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey cheer up

:smile: I've notices that Unpaved is still showing. It comes on Monday mornings at 3:00. I've still been recording all the episodes that there showing. This mornings episode was when Maria and Oliva went to where Maria lived when she was growing up. It was her birthday. So Susan, David, Luis, Bob, Linda, Big Brid and Oscar went to surprise her for her Birthday. Gordon stayed. Don't know why. Oscar thought there was going to trick someone but ended up not knowing and got stooped into going. It was cool. Oscar even meet another Grouch that lived there. Pretty Cool. Now I have alot of episodes of SSUPed. Now I could record some for who ever wanted some. You name the price. :big_grin:

mikealan

Reaction score
Wow! That's from 1979. It was Puerto Rico and the episode number is #1316. But what letters and numbers were sponsored on this episode?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here you go

Letter Of the day is: A Number #: 2 and I was wondering if you know all of the episode numbers. if so could tell me the ones you know and tell me the episode plot. Please. Thanks.:smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
But it looks like Season 25 has been taken off for good.

Erine81981

Reaction score
What do you mean

Some how your not looking very good. I seen alot of the old episodes. It comes on at 3:00 monday mornings. I thought it was going to go off the air like whats her name had said but for some reason I've been able to record episodes. So unless your noggin is different. I would not know.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, Sesame Unpaved is still shown at 4 AM Eastern. But I'm talking about the shows they had from Season 25, which were shown at 5 AM and 3:30 PM Eastern before the change. Now, the 5 AM show is Season 30, and the others are Season 31. So I think they're basically phasing it out because they have newer ones.

The Season 25 shows weren't meant to be "retro." Season 25 was 1993-94. It's what they originally put on for the preschoolers, but even that can be outdated because of the round the corner section, and they had a whole bunch of now-gone characters that no one will recognize. I think what might happen in the future, but I don't know, is that Sesame Street Unpaved and Season 25 may alternate after awhile, or something like that. But I think the idea is that BOTH of them are being phased out.

CookieFan

Reaction score
What season are they playing on Noggin at 9 & 12:30 now? Just wondering because it seems like I keep catching the same ones over and over and over again! I thought they were going to show some different eps.

Personally, never cared for the season 25 eps. They introduced waaaay too many characters at that time (human & muppet!)

I don't think showing different seasons would confuse kids. They show two different season of Barney with different kids and sets and they show really old Mr. Rogers eps. on PBS Kids, so I don't know why they don't show different SS eps. As long as Elmo is around, of course! :wink:

ssetta

Reaction score
The shows they are now airing at 9 & 12:30 are from Season 31, which was very similar to Season 30, but not as many classic clips, unfortunately. It would not confuse kids if they saw those 2 seasons, but Season 25 was very different. I see that you said "as long as Elmo's still around." But I think the main reason why kids didn't like Season 25 as much as the newer shows was BECAUSE it doesn't have Elmo's World. And unfortunately, that's pretty much all they like now.

Noggin is only still airing Sesame Street altogether because it's something they have to have, but they don't really anymore, since Noggin is no longer owned by Sesame Workshop. I don't think they even like Sesame Street, because it's too old-fashioned, and they want to do more modern things. I think they only still have Sesame Street because of Elmo's World. And eventually, they will probably just make Elmo's World as its own show, and cancel the rest of Sesame Street.