What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

MuppetFan12

Reaction score
Out of all Muppet Movies (TV Movies or the ones shown in theaters or Direct to DVD) Which in your opinion The worst muppet movie? In my opinion the worst muppet movie i saw was Kermit's Swamp Years

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I don't really think any Muppet movie is considered "worst" or "terrible," however, my least favorite Muppet movie is probably either "Kermit's Swamp Years" or "Muppets Wizard of Oz."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Have to go with either Muppets From Space or Muppet Wizard of Oz.

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised you disliked "The Muppets." :eek: One only wonders why.....
It just didn't do anything for me as a movie-goer or a Muppet fan. This was going to be the first theatrical Muppet movie in twelve years and nobody could have had higher expectations for the film than I did. I knew the basic plot and that there would be a brand new Muppet introduced, but other than that I approached seeing it with an open mind. What I saw was nowhere near what I expected.

The way I understood it, Walter was going to be a supporting character. Normally I would have had no problem with him being the focus- except he was completely unlikable! I was an outsider when I was young and yet I never played the victim and my family was much more supportive. Also, I hated how Fozzie and Rowlf (my two favorite Muppets) were used. There was so much hype about Rowlf returning- and as a major character! Yet he was not included in the pick-up montage and the most dialogue he had was reinforcing that joke. If this is the extent that he was going to be used in the film, then I have zero hope of Rowlf ever being included substantially in any future Muppet projects. I'm disgusted with the fact that The Swedish Chef has had lines in every Muppet film since Jim's passing and we've been deprived of Rowlf for over twenty years.

As for Fozzie, the closest I came to crying during the new film was the hammock scene- only to have it taken away by the 'fart shoes'. And this film firmly established Statler and Waldorf as villains. By making them executors of the theater's contract, no wonder the contract contained loopholes; S&W have been plotting against the Muppets since 1976. And this goes for the plot of IAMMCM, as well. Finally, the ending was a downer- the Muppets don't make enough money and Richman wins the day. Then when the Mahna Mahna... whatever that was happened, I got ready to leave but my dad begged me to finish the movie. Well, thank God I did because they don't reveal Richman's 'change of heart' (convenient, wasn't it?) during the end credits. So, I'm glad I saw it but for all the hype around it and all my high hopes for not only the film but the future of the Muppets, it didn't deliver and disapointed me hugely.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
only to have it taken away by the 'fart shoes'.
I can't blame you there. I started muttering "not funny, not funny!" in the theater, lol.

Finally, the ending was a downer- the Muppets don't make enough money and Richman wins the day.
That didn't bother me. You don't have to win the money to have a happy ending. At least that's not what I want kids to learn, lol.

all my high hopes for not only the film but the future of the Muppets, it didn't deliver and disapointed me hugely.
I'll be honest, I probably won't be watching The Muppets too much again unless a friend wants to. Overall I was just very relieved it didn't have the mean spirited nonsense of some of the previous projects. So for me it was a compromise. :smile:

Hayley B

Reaction score
For me: Treasure Island and Wizard of OZ.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I for one thought Muppets from Space was better than The Muppets

*hides behind flame shield*

But as far as the worst, Treasure Island is the only muppet movie that I just can't bring myself to watch from start to finish.