Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I think we've seen this before...
Yeah, I've posted about Ricky's Room before.
Ah, I must have missed that one. Sorry about that. :stick_out_tongue:

Another Barney knock-off I remember seeing years ago was The Dooley and Pals Show. One of the lower-tier PBS stations in New York showed this show for a while about 11 years ago and I used to watch it quite often... in fourth grade... after I declared myself too old for Barney... And I only found out recently that this was a Christian show! (the PBS version had those bits cut out)
Dooley and Pals is just amazing. They must've really studied Barney & Friends for this, because it's such a close copy. Listen to the musical scores and song instrumentals from Dooley, and compare it to a Barney episode from around the same time. The songs themselves, too, really sound like they could be Barney tunes.

In addition, each episodes ends with a segment very similar to the "Barney Says" bits from Barney & Friends, except this one appeared before the end song.

*Jump to 9:12*

(I must say, though, the songs are quite catchy and the costumes are quite nice)

I've seen a couple of episodes fairly recently (the one that John shared above, and one that aired on Smile of a Child), and you really must note how all of the Christian and Bible based material is reserved for tiny little segments that intterupt the episode. The episodes themselves deal with the same type of topics that Barney would - sfaety, imagination, friendship, etc. Perhaps the creators of this show really saw a possible hit, and threw in the easily-removed Christian messages in order to recieve funding/support from Christian networks. (Just a suspicion I have, not a proven fact)

I do remember the show had two puppet characters who's names escape me but they were quite weird-looking and never actually interacted with the main characters of the show.
(The characters John is refering to here can be seen right at the beginning of the video "The Dooley And Pals Show: Promises Promises Part 2," which is posted and referenced above)

They seemed like this show's answer of Scooter and Mrs. Etta, Barney's two puppet characters at the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After Cartoon Network's overhaul, and they got rid of Cartoon Cartoon Fridays for Cartoon's Network's Friday, instead of having various different CN characters host the programming on Friday nights, they threw a bunch of kids into a studio that looked like a disco rave, and then they also threw in some hedious puppets that even I was offended by... they had like this bear or dog-like thing that drove a truck, then they had like a giant cockroach and a rat thingy or something... they were like Drtooth described he characters in his PEPPERMINT PARK YouTube Poop: they were disgusting and poorly manipulated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the single DVD of that. They were meh. I couldn't take the antics of any of the lame hosts. I know they were trying to get the feel of an actual CC Fridays, but I wish they put on more cartoons instead.

And yes, yes it was still funnier than My Gym Partner's a Monkey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They have a DVD of those monstrosities?! Kill 'em! Burn 'em! Quick, before they lay eggs!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just one, and I bought if for the cartoons. Specifically anything that wasn't My Gym Whatever... And they only had one segment from each cartoon. Seriously, Warner Brothers sucks at releasing DVD's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching a clip of the end titles from NEW ZOO REVUE, I see that a BUNCH of the people who worked on that show's production crew also worked on Sid & Marty Kroffts' shows, which explains a lot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dagnabbit Cracked...

Okay... this is hard. I actually can no longer say how creepy and disturbing Oogieloves is, because this is a hundred times worse. That hat is frightening!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is like a cheap knock off of Henson, Krofft, and Mister Rogers all rolled into one...

No, not rolled into one... put into a blender...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cracked also mentioned this...

But other than that creepy human head phone, I kinda dig it.