Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
No.

Considering the production values, and the fact that its' 29 minutes long, this is probably a community access show.

BTW, the credits say 2002... it must have been posted on YT in 2008.
IMDB or something said 2008, so I guess this one's a long runner. Oy.
Yeah, it was IMDB. It's probably the website that's in the wrong, then. Sorry about that. :stick_out_tongue:

I don't know where this aired originally, but I do know that it's on five days a week (that excludes Tuesday and Friday) on The Trinity Broadcasting Network's Smile of a Child channel, which you can watch for free online. Then again, with very few exceptions, it's shows are either really outdated...

...or really poorly made.

There are only four shows on the network (that I've seen) that I would call any level of good - VeggieTales, Hermie the Common Caterpillar, Mustard Pancakes and Grandfather Reads. (The ladder two aren't even Christian!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I posted that a few months ago... it's so funny that it's actually UNINTENTIONALLY racist, but in that it actually is just full-on racist.
And they're Chinese! From China. Somewhere where any religion is kinda frowned upon. Look how they treat Tibet. That's wrong on so many levels.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I subject my friends to this semi-well-known-in-puppetry-circles-but-not-really junk, so I'll share it here too! Mwahahah!

Though I will say about the line said at 7:46 - "I gotta go watch the garbageman pick up the trash!" Still sounds better than watching Twilight.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I subject my friends to this semi-well-known-in-puppetry-circles-but-not-really junk, so I'll share it here too! Mwahahah!
John, your sharing this the innocent folks? It's a special day!

Soooooooooo... who was this aimed at? It looks like it's trying for the preschool market, but the Cavity Goon is kind of horrifying.

"It's up to us, Captain Good Guy and First Mate Brushbrush, to save the sun!"

I saw this trailer on one of the Land Before Time videos. I remember, for years, really wanting to see the full show. Finally, I found one of the videos in a bargain bin for $1.97. I bought it, but I never, ever actually watched it. Heck, I can't even remember if I opened it.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Here's a horrible Barney & Friends rip-off from Canada, called Ricky's Room. It's not so much a puppet show as a mascot-costume show (Unlike Barney, there aren't any puppetry componets to the suits), but I guess it fits well enough. Besides, I haven't seen anyone on MCF talk about it.

This is a video created to promote the series.

I especially love when Ricky starts talking about Barney. "Rhinos and dinos get along just great together!"

I should also mention that the creators of this show tried to sue the company behind Death to Smoochy, because the Barney parody in that movie looked like their Barney knock-off. No really. I'm serious.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've posted about Ricky's Room before.

Another Barney knock-off I remember seeing years ago was The Dooley and Pals Show. One of the lower-tier PBS stations in New York showed this show for a while about 11 years ago and I used to watch it quite often... in fourth grade... after I declared myself too old for Barney... I do remember the show had two puppet characters who's names escape me but they were quite weird-looking and never actually interacted with the main characters of the show. And I only found out recently that this was a Christian show! (the PBS version had those bits cut out)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a lot of underground puppet shows out there that are Christian shows, somehow puppets and Bible study go well together (go into a Christian bookstore, they ALWAYS got poorly and cheaply made puppets for sale).

There's a Christian show I know of that mixes animation (if you want to call it that) and puppetry called THE BED BUG BIBLE GANG (or something like that)... I give them credit for at least having unique-looking puppets, BUT, the lip syncing is always way off, the postures look like they're always leaning to one side or another, and a lot of the voices sound like Rob Paulsen impersonators.

I'm betting you if you find a puppet show on a little local access channel, or community station, etc., chances are they're Christian puppet shows.