1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

World of Dark Crystal: Collector's Edition Cover

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Phillip, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Phillip Administrator

Amazon has updated their listings to include a beautiful new photo for the upcoming release of the World of Dark Crystal Collector's Edition. If you click on the cover image you can see a larger version.

It's just fantastic that they are re-releasing this rare book. Just goes to show that almost anything can see the light of day again.
  2. scarecroe Active Member

Wow. Pretty cover.

I agree, it is amazing that things like this can find a spot for reissue again years later. The downside is that it gets me hopeful for other such things to get re-released.
  3. beaker Well-Known Member

Oh wow...I long gave up trying to find a copy on ebay, so this is very cool...add to this the Dark Crystal superbit dvd coming soon, and ya have a couple of cool DC things coming out(Let's all hope they finally come out with some cool Dark Crystal figures one of these days...Skeksis!!!)
  4. Luke Active Member

Ooooh nice cover ! It's nice to see them doing good stuff and not just putting any old rubbish together.
  5. BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Wow, That is nice !

I cant wait to get it !

Is the 20 Page Facisimile thing the magazine that originally came with the book ?

I have seen it before once, Inside the book.

see ya
  6. Bored New Member

Any word on if they'll be re-releasing another copy of "The Making of the Dark Crystal"? I've been trying to get that book for ages but when the average price is between $250-500 bucks, it's almost impossible to get.
  7. SNLIM New Member

i can't tell you how excited i am about the dark crystal re-release. like many others, i have been searching for this book (not to mention saddened by the fact that my brother has a first edition :( :mad: ) and finally i can get one with a beautiful cover and a price below 250! and as to skeksis figures...i think i would break down and cry if i ever heard they were going to make them....
  8. BlueFrackle Active Member

Bored,

This is that book !

:p
  9. scarecroe Active Member

BlueFrackle, he might be talking about Christopher Finch's "Making of the Dark Crystal" which is also long out of print, but hasn't gone for quite as much on the auction block as Brian Froud's "World of Dark Crystal" (the one being reissued).
  10. Bored New Member

What Scarecroe said, :D
    "The Making of the Dark Crystal" is one I've been after for a while. I already have "World of the Dark Crystal", 's a pity they're not re-issuing it with the original cover, IMO I thought it was a bit better, but that's me. :)
  11. Fuzzhead New Member

I was also very excited to see this wonderful book available again. My original copy has seen better days.
  12. muppetfreak12 New Member

COOL!

I am absolutley obbsessed with the dark crystal. I own the new dark crystal dolls, have a t-shirt, and own the new copy! I know I'm pretty late on this reply, but hey, I just found this site. TDC lives on!!!!:)
  13. Fuzzhead New Member

My book arrived from Amazon today! It's a really beautiful book, even better than the original. I highly recommend picking up a copy.
  14. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I know this book is on sale at Tower Records here in Memphis, as are the Muppets Action Figures.
  15. Hairfarmer New Member

I picked up a copy of it this evening at our local Barnes & Nobel. It was a BIG surprise to me! I've not been on the board here for a while so I didn't even know about it being re-issued. I really missed this book. I never owned it myself but I used to check it out from the old mid-town library in Memphis all the time.
    :D :excited: :D
  16. Phillip Administrator

If either or both of you would like to submit a review of the book, please e-mail it to me this week if you can. It would be a big help. Anyone else is welcome to send in reviews of this book as well.
  17. DaViD Boulet New Member

I think I'll have to pick up a copy...

:excited:

p.s. anyone else getting the new 2-CD soundtrack set?
  18. trekkie1701E New Member

I haven't yet, but plan to. Probably off of buysoundtrax, too; they have a couple more albums that I want.

Is the cd set in some retail stores as well? I seem to recall a post on here concerning that.
  19. scarecroe Active Member

Only specialty stores like Aron's Records in Hollywood or Footlight Records in New York. There's a chance that a good comic book/collectibles store might have a few copies or will at least be able to order you one if you can't do online transactions.
  20. trekkie1701E New Member

Great news; thanks

I'll probably just end up ordering it online