Woodstock Puppet Building Help Needed

neonpigg

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in a production of You're a Good Man Charlie Brown and they'd like to have Woodstock in the show, but as a puppet.

Now I have puppeteered before(which is where they got the idea to have the puppet) and they'd like me to build the puppet for it, being the challenge taker I am I accepted.

Does anyone have suggestions for building the puppet? I'm slightly at a loss on where to start, especially with building the head.

jcnegron

Reaction score
Hi Neon,

I haven't made any Woodstock puppet but I made a Woodstock plush once, and it is amazing that you only need two pieces of the profile sewn together, with a little bit of extra fabric surrounding the silhouette, to form the body and head. When you stuff the pieces it takes the shape very well. specially if it is small.
Its so simple, and since it hardly opens its mouth, I think you just need too control the wings, or if you really need the mouth make just a small opening on the head.
It could easily be made as a rod puppet, and snoopy a mouth puppet.

If you need it bigger use a snoopy pattern. Its the same basic shape. Most stuffed snoopy plushes I have seen are made of three pieces 2 pieces of the profile silhouette an one long strip to join the pieces together and add volume.

Hope this helps.