With our very special musical guests...

doctort13

Reaction score
After seeing the Weezer video, I started wondering
what if your favourite band/singer was a guest on TMS ot MT, or even a possible guest artist on the new FOX series!
Here are a few bands/artists that I would have loved to have meet The Muppets:
  • Frank Zappa
  • They Might Be Giants
  • The Beatles or John, Paul, George, or Ringo solo
  • Robyn Hitchcock
  • Pere Ubu
  • Jad Fair/Half Japanese
  • XTC
  • Legendary Pink Dots

Who would you book as the musical act to perform with The Muppets?

radionate

Reaction score
Love the choice of XTC

What about:

Reel Big Fish (My favorite)
Green Day
Big Bad Vodoo Daddy
Cyndi Lauper (to please Jamie and Myself)
Bette Midler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Billy Joel too!

Yeah John Mayer too!

Ice

Reaction score
Id like to see

Duncan Shiek
Alana Davis
silverchair
tlc
spice girls
john myer
texas
shakira
moby

Luke

Reaction score
Ozzy Osbourne
Michael Jackson
Foo Fighters
Aerosmith
BRITNEY
JLo
Kylie Minogue (more with Kermit)
Holly Valance (dancing naked with beaker holding strategically positioned lightbulbs).

uncleduke

Reaction score
I recently saw the Debbie Harry episode and was laughing at all the punk references... Punk? Blondie? bwahahahahaah!
This was in England in the late 70s, I would have loved to have seen the Clash or (God forgive me) the Sex Pistols.
Animal in a comedy skit with Sid Vicious.. That's entertainment!

Seriously, I think the envelope pushing of musical guests on the new Muppet show will be slim/none.....

TMBG would be a good choice, especially with their new family friendly album.

Robyn Hitchcock wouldd be great, just to see the Muppets they would create to accompany the songs, (Man With A Lightbulb Head, anyone?)

Lou Reed and Tom Waits both have enough pg material, and are somewhat mainstream.

Same with David Bowie and Elvis Costello.

My favorite band would never make it, I am afraid... The Residents will not be on the Muppet Show ... (I stand a better chance of getting Buckaroo Banzai toys)

doctort13

Reaction score
Great "eye-dea"!

The Residents with The Electric Mayhem! WOW!

UncleDuke-
It seems that we share very similar musical tastes, since I am with you 100% with your "guest list".

I always thought that Sid was well on his was to becoming a puppet, so he would have eventually ended up on TMC...if he could have found his way to the studio.

Bowie sort of completed your request with Labyrinth. I need to find that CD one of these days.

I am certain that Ozzy's appearance would be a >beep< laugh riot! Yet thinking of Jacko and the Muppets gang scares me. :stick_out_tongue:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: Great "eye-dea"!

Originally posted by doctort13
The Residents with The Electric Mayhem! WOW!...
I would love to see Disfigured Night with an all Muppet cast, LOL Scooter as Silly BillY?

grail

Reaction score
man i like this place more and more every day...

well, considering my two favorite bands are They Might Be Giants and Big Bad Vodoo Daddy, i'd definately have to say yes to both of them.

i'd also like to see Wierd Al, DEVO, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Blue Kings, Eric Clapton, Blues Traveler, and a special appearance by John Goodman and Dan Akroyd as the Blues Brothers

but more than anything, i'd like to see Dr. Teeth do a duet with Dr. John.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Billy Joel, far and away.

Anyone remember the book and tape "Two for the Show"? Well, recall that on the second side you could record your own story. I began (but never finished) a Muppet Show with Billy Joel (done in first season style, I think, given that I did a modulation on the opening theme.) I listened to it recently, it was awful. Of course, I was four at the time and have ADD, so it makes sense that I wasn't very focused. I wasn't very talented either.

Anyway, Billy Joel on The Muppet Show is the one thing I always wanted to see. I think a fourth season show with Dan Fogelberg would've been nice. Looking back, an episode with David Bowie would have worked.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Salmoto

Reaction score
I dunno if it's been done, but I'd like to see the B-52s. They could do a version of "Roam if you want to" with Kermit and Piggy representing the united states, Floyd and Janice dressed as canadian mounties, Animal in a sombrero and pomcho, Johnny Fiamma and Sal in 'Rome' Italy, Pepe in a matador's outfit, Fozzie in the North Pole and Sweetums in South Africa feasting on a roast Clueless Morgan.