William Shatner on the Muppet Show- video parody

Asmodeus

Reaction score
It's a good idea, Kermit flipping out under the stress of trying to make sense out of the chaos that is The Muppet Show. Combining this with William Shatner stealing the show, priceless.

Impressive work with many of the voices, and recreating the 'feel' of the show with action figures.

I must say, the cursing seems out of place. Even if Kermit had a nervous breakdown, I honestly don't think he'd make it past '****' on the list of curses.

Overall I'd say 3 1/2 out of 5.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I was impressed by the way you recreated the set and the feel of the muppet show. I like the guest bits--Shatner's always fun to parody, and loves to parody himself, and I was pleasantly surprised at the way the ST figures "interacted" with the muppets. You did a good job with the video, and I applaud the amount of effort that went into your film. But--

But, I have to say that the repetitive cursing was a bit much, especially since you used the most offensive word available. (Lack of originality and the shock value wears off almost immediately.) Would have prefered some other ending--such as Kermit being sentenced by a judge--to continue running TMS! (Not trying to horn in on your originality, just felt like you really had something going there until you replaced the plot with profanity.) Bob Hope said that it's very difficult to get a laugh for a clean joke (or a clever one), once you've descended to potty humor. (I'm paraphrasing--I don't think Bob Hope said potty humor.") Would like to see you end on the same clever note you began on.
Best wishes for future successes.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well it was very clever and in basic principle I must say I was impressed with the film but I have to agree with Ruahna. The swearing was a bit over the top. In particular since I have in recent times managed to curb my personal usage of that bad word with the help of God I would have preferred that a more minor swear word had been used at least. But congratulations on your accomplishment and best of luck for the future.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Awesome! Really fantastic! I was entertained the whole way through, You really got the feel right!