Will there ever be remastered CD releases?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Considering some of them go for $50+ on places like Ebay, I really wish they'd remaster and release the soundtracks for Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Movie, etc. Do you know if they ever will?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i dont know if you can still buy it but there was the Cd By Rino records that had at least one good hit song from each Muppet movie and several songs from the Muppet show. It was called Muppets music mayhem and more so check that out and see. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Well i dont know if you can still buy it but there was the Cd By Rino records that had at least one good hit song from each Muppet movie and several songs from the Muppet show. It was called Muppets music mayhem and more so check that out and see. :smile:
I have that CD, actually. Just bought it. But having the actual soundtracks would be oh-so-sweet :flirt:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It sure would, I'd love to see The Great Muppet Caper Soundtrack, The Muppets Take Manhttan Soundtrack remastered and relaeased. Also, they should re release the Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island CDs.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have ' The Muppet Movie ' and ' The Great Muppet Caper ' Remastered seeing they they wern't digitiaqlly recorded, I used to have all the Muppet movie soundtracks, and the one I had was a tape. I hope that wasn't how it originially sounded the sound quilty was really poor like the early SS Records. I used to have ' SS The Origial Cast 1970. ' (record)If woudld be a shame to let these wonderful treatures fade away. :frown:

That Announcer

Reaction score
First thing that should be released is "MCC" and "MTI". Releasing these soundtracks would be easy enough, as Disney already has all the rights.

According to Greg James, a Muppet holiday CD will be coming later this year. We can only hope it includes a lot of MCC stuff- especially "Bless Us All."

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
First thing that should be released is "MCC" and "MTI". Releasing these soundtracks would be easy enough, as Disney already has all the rights.
Disney has the rights to the music from the first three films as well. It would be nive to see TMM, TGMC, MTM, MCC, and MTI all have their respective soundtracks re-released on CD by Disney.

thatannouncer said:
According to Greg James, a Muppet holiday CD will be coming later this year. We can only hope it includes a lot of MCC stuff- especially "Bless Us All."
Yes there is a holiday CD planned for release in time for the 2005 holiday season. It is unsure if it will have exisiting stuff (like from Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Family Christmas, Very Merry Muppet Christmas movie, ect), or if it will be new recordings of holiday songs, or if it will be a mix of old and new. Only time will tell.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Merci, Greg!

Perhaps a box set (like "Songs From The Street") would be a wise choice as well as individual CDs? If the price was kept down (perhaps $50-$60) I'm sure that plenty would snap it up.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
Merci, Greg!

Perhaps a box set (like "Songs From The Street") would be a wise choice as well as individual CDs? If the price was kept down (perhaps $50-$60) I'm sure that plenty would snap it up.
That's a very good idea :smile: