Will there ever be a Muppet Show DVD Box Set?

Oliver

Reaction score
Ive been holding off on the Time-Life offers in hopes that they are released together in one collection, I'm pretty sure Ive heard rumors of this possibility so does anybody know whether this is being planned or is likely to happen? Also, Im pretty sure I've read online that Time-Life is planning another 5 Best-Of volumes of the Muppet Show, can anyone confirm? I'm trying to decide whether I should go with the current Time-Life 15 dvd offer or hold out in hopes of a box-set containing all current discs.

Finally, how many Best-Of dvd's currently exist?

Thanks a lot!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There are currently 6 "Best of the Muppet Show" DVDs available I think:

- Peter Sellers / John Cleese / Dudley Moore
- Harry Belafonte / Linda Ronstadt / John Denver
- Elton John / Julie Andrews / Gene Kelly
- Mark Hamill / Paul Simon / Raquel Welch
- Bob Hope / Dom DeLuise / George Burns
- Steve Martin / Carol Burnett / Gilda Radner

The first four listed were also released as a 4 disc boxed set. The Alice Cooper and Vincent Price episodes were released commercially on VHS, but I haven't seen that on DVD yet and I am not sure if that tape was actually part of the "Best of the Muppet Show" series or not.

Oliver

Reaction score
Than what is the Time-Life 15 Volume collection composed of?

WiGgY

Reaction score
There are 15 DVDs. I don't know what they all are, but I do know they go beyond what Buck Beaver listed. He may be talking about the Columbia set, which is the same thing only more expensive.

Oliver

Reaction score
Have you heard any confirmations of another 5 volumes being released or if there are any plans to release all 15 current issues in one collector's box-set??

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's unlikely the 15 Time-Life discs will be repackaged as a box set, so if you want them, get the 15 disc set Time-Life offers.

It is possible there may be 5 additional discs, but they may never see the light of day. There are so many changes going on right now with Henson it is just hard to tell. What we have now be it for several years. So pick up the discs you can today and enjoy The Muppet Show.

Oliver

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, looks like I'll be placing an order this week.

I dont see how hard it would be to produce some cardboard cases to package the dvds in though... itd be so much more convenient..

suggsy

Reaction score
I had these written down somewhere so this is vol. 11-15. All together there are 45 Muppet episodes on dvd. If necessary I would buy them all again if season sets were released.

11. Roy Rogers & Dale Evans/Kenny Rogers/ Mac Davis/
12.Libarace/ Rita Moreno/ Linda Carter
13. Tony Randall/ Beverly Sills/ Pearl Bailey
14. Liza Minelli/ Madeline Khan/ Mummenschanz
15. Senor Wences/ Lola Falana/ Juliet Prowse

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
There are 15 DVDs. I don't know what they all are, but I do know they go beyond what Buck Beaver listed. He may be talking about the Columbia set, which is the same thing only more expensive.
The Time-Life DVDs were not available to order here in Canada directly from Time-Life last time I checked, so all we get up here are the Columbia ones. Those six are the only editions I've seen available for sale in stores in Canada, it's very possible others are available here and certainly all 15 discs are available in the U.S.

Given the choice, I'd take the Time-Life discs.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
got the time life discs myself, but I had to order them through a friend in the states...they won't even accept payment from an address outside of the US....for some legal reason or other....

I'd buy all 45 eps again in a second if they were part of a season by season box set release...