Will there be a 40th anniversary Sesame Street special?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
PBS is airing a Sesame Street Anniversary Special on Nov 10th. I don't know the time, but i figured i'd get this out there

D'Snowth

Reaction score
PBS is airing a Sesame Street Anniversary Special on Nov 10th. I don't know the time, but i figured i'd get this out there
Yeah, I think we figured that out... times obviously vary due to local listings... I'll probably have to set the DVR, since SST still comes on at an inconvenient time...

*Still misses the days for early morning airings, and repeats during the afternoon*

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Thanks for letting Us Know!

Is it a regular Episode during the Day, or Nighttime special?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Just glad to help :smile:

And like i said, i didnt catch a time... maybe someone knows? I'm wikked tight on time at the moment but i popped in to see replies :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I checked one of my PBS schedules and I didn't see a Sesame special listed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first episode of Season 40 is being labeled as a "special", otherwise, I'm sure MC would've announced if it was anything along the lines of an actual primetime special or anything like that.

Other than that, I hear a lot of those early morning shows will be celebrating SST tomorrow, so that might be interesting to see.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Hmm...well, I checked the "Guide" on the TV, and all I found was the first episode. Is that it? Either way, I'll be taping it.

EDIT:
Okay. Well, that explains that.

Also, scroll down to the bottom of the playlist for today's (11-5-09) show, and it's the second to last on there:
http://www.murphysamandjodi.com/listen/

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I dunno... lol i saw on the screen there was a "Special" nov 10th... but.. now that i'm thinking.. i prob didn't see "tv special"... I know i saw "special" so i cant see what else they would be talking about.

SO... i did a search. I cant find anything but this "The birthday celebration will also feature a commemorative DVD to be released on the show’s actual anniversary date, November, 10th, 2009, the same the day the 40th anniversary special episode airs. "

and i found that here http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/sesame-street-celebrates-40th-anniversary/

Drtooth

Reaction score

SO... i did a search. I cant find anything but this "The birthday celebration will also feature a commemorative DVD to be released on the show’s actual anniversary date, November, 10th, 2009, the same the day the 40th anniversary special episode airs. "

Cough cough... the, uh, DVD in question is the anniversary collection. It really isn't a special, just airing the first episode of the season in prime time, same as they did with The Street we Live On. But I doubt anything will be "anniversary-ish" about it. I'm very disappointed no other primetime network would want to go halfsies on an SS 40th anniversary special, be it a look back or a new storyline. And it would have been something to see a new DTV special, similar to "What's the Name of that Song?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It really isn't a special, just airing the first episode of the season in prime time, same as they did with The Street we Live On.
Actually, The Street We Live On was a special... but as far as this is concerned, like everybody else, I still see nothing that says the Season 40 will premiere in prime time, I'm still getting it'll air at it's regular, local time in the morning.