Will the first entire season of Sesame Street ever be available?

Jyllian

Reaction score
there are so many scenes i am looking for

-six silly sailors
-boy girl and Jelly beans
-up up and away
-help
-the word is love
-windy
-yellow submarine
-gone with the wind

also does anyone remember ernie singing to cookie monster "if i knew you were coming id have baked a cake"

there was another one with a little girl and her grandparents bring her these big life sized jigsaw puzzles of a boy and a girl in swimsuits, and at the end she says "look at my silly brother. he thinks hes a jigsaw puzzle too!" and he is laying in the puzzle

id LOVE to see them again!

jyll

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd do anything legal, moral, and physically possible to get my hands on the rest of Season 1. Unfortunately, we have as much chance of that as we do of seeing Kermit in a new Sesame Street sketch. Releasing over 100 hour-long episodes on DVD costs a ton of money, more than Sesame Workshop is probably willing to spend. Not to mention the money they'd have to spend getting legal rights to use all those popular-song covers....if the DVD sets were priced to cover all the expenses SW had, they'd probably run into three figures a set!

Xerus

Reaction score
I would so love to see the six silly sailors cartoon from my youth. I thought that was the best of the SS classic cartoons.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Maybe if we can get some Season 1 episodes on Itunes, it won't be bad after all.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'd rather see some of these things on iTunes, even Muppet Babies on iTunes would be nice! :big_grin:

BJ

ISNorden

Reaction score
Not everyone has an iPod or can afford to subscribe to iTunes; if Sesame Workshop wanted to make a whole season's worth of older episodes available, they'd probably go with the format most likely to get customers (and DVDs/players are cheaper than iPods, on the whole).

Jyllian

Reaction score
thank you

thank you to ISNOrden as i know that many of the great youtube clips i have seen on youtube have been posted by you and i am very very grateful to you for that!:wink:

YOu have made my day on many occaisons with your many great first season sesame posts , so THANK YOU

Jyll

Jyllian

Reaction score
Thank You!

OH My Gosh ! thats IT ! thank you so much for posting that ! I really appreciate that Mokeystar!

Jyll

sesameguy

Reaction score
Releasing over 100 hour-long episodes on DVD costs a ton of money, more than Sesame Workshop is probably willing to spend.
I tend to agree- it would also be a pretty large collection. Even if they somehow got ten episodes on each disk, that's still about 13 disks! But perhaps in the future, putting all those episodes together will not be quite as big a job (or as expensive) as it would be today, and maybe then we can enjoy full-season sets. Here's hoping!