Wilkins & Wontkins Puppets on Ebay

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all!

Has anybody else seen these on ebay? They are the hard-to-find (well, I've never come across them!) Wilkins & Wontkins puppets from the famous series of commercials Jim Henson did for Wilkins Coffee in the 50s and early 60s.

The auction closes around 5 pm EST today. Check it out if you haven't already seen it cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2122299734

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I've always wondered what they would sell for, and I am watching this auction closely. It's jumped quite a bit since I started watching it. Best of luck to the people I know bidding on it. It needs to go into the hands of a MCer.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the link 1st time Ive seen them both :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
man I wish I could have won these! I see these from time to time...to think, these are bascially the *first* ever muppet merchanise things out there! That, the mv3d labcoat, and electric mayhem bus I so want...oh yeah!

Michael

Reaction score
Not quite the first Cory, well a joint tie for first anyway. There was actually some others which you'll see on Kermitage.

I see Phil just missed out on them, fortunately they do crop up now and again, when I got mine many many years ago nobody really knew what they were, obviously things have changed now...good luck when they next come up!

Michael.

Luke

Reaction score
Cory :-

Nobody ended up winning them through the auction - they didn't reach the reserve price so i guess unless the seller agreed to let them go at the lesser price they might not have sold and could come up again !

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'm just happy to see nice big, high-quality scans of them :smile: