Wilkins Coffee Muppets question

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
What material is Wilkins and Wontkins made of? I also don't have a clue as to how in the "tree" one as to how Wilkins kicked Wontkins off, yet there was no one under him! Was it some film splicing or something? Thanx!

BJ

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
I also don't have a clue as to how in the "tree" one as to how Wilkins kicked Wontkins off, yet there was no one under him! Was it some film splicing or something?
That's a good question, I do know it wasn't film splicing in this case. I do video editing and know a few of the tricks. It's very difficult to do convincing film splicing in a single shot such as that since there is almost always a noticeable "jump" in the film, which this doesn't have. It can be done in certain situations though. It appears to be simply good reflexes on the part of the performer. If you're quick enough, you could get your hand out in time.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
After looking at the clips closely it apears the Wontkins puppet simply allows you to get your hand away from it easly. In many of the commercial when he falls or flies up the hand is gone appears gone, it appears the hand could just slip out right befor the effect. There were no special camera or editing tricks just good old slide of hand.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these commercials are free to share with others?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They are all still protected by copyright unfortunately.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
thanx Andrew! I was about to answer! I have a question for you puppet types, that includes MuppetQuilter. This is a three-parter, fyi. Is there some color photo or pattern or something of the real Wontkins and Wilkins, besides the one in Jim Henson: The Works? Also, I saw this "sewing station" in Belk's and was wondering who made it, whether it was Singer or Brother or someone of the sort. Lastly, is Wilkins Coffee still around? If so, where is their website? I have searched for ages to the answer to this question. If anybodee can help, i'd greatly appreciate it!

BJ

Iokitek

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew :smile: Well I'd better go delete them then.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Somewhere a lawyer with the MPAA just shed a tear. :cry:

Iokitek

Reaction score
hehe :stick_out_tongue: well it's not about "getting caught" or anything. To me it's the principle of the matter.