Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
My local library has Seasons 1 and 2 of Doug on DVD and I've really enjoyed watching the show again through that. I never got to see the original first few seasons on Nickelodeon and only discovered it when it came to ABC (when it became Disney's Brand Spanking New Doug- which I know many fans deride but I like it well enough) - anyway, it was nice to see the show's start.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Out of all Nick's classic cartoons, Doug is by far one of my top favorites.:big_grin:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
That's basically what I felt too. I mean, I don't hate the show by any means... heck, it's great to see Tim Curry NOT play a bad guy. But really, no Doug? No Rugrats? Not even a re-release of Zim (they're out of print)? I hope the partnership extends to all Nicktoons and Nick shows.

I mean, sure, Rocko, Hey Arnold and a bunch of others are on that Amazon.com thing, but if they're online burn on demand exclusives, first of all, you have to pay a flat price with no retail competition and secondly, what about more casual DVD buyers who only buy stuff they see in stores because they see it?
DrTooth, you've gotta check out more of Tim Curry's earlier stuff to see him not play a bad guy. He's really a seriously underrated, under used actor (and yes I'm a huge fan and perhaps a bit biased).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I did watch The Wild Thornberries, but I must have been too old for it because the only characters I liked were the father and the sister, lol. The main character usually just annoyed me. ::shrugs::

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Tim Curry wasn't technically a bad guy in "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York"....okay- never mind - yeah, he was. But Harry and Marv were the main villians really. And Tim Curry wasn't a villian in that movie to the level he was in "Muppet Treasure Island" anyway. And he was narrator in "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol"- so there's a good neutral role anyway.
And hey- he was Gomez Addams in "Addams Family Reunion"- so at least there's one protagonist role for him.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow- in looking through Tim Curry's resume, I found it interesting to note that he's performed the voice of both Satan and God for different projects in his career. That's quite a contrast!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Wow- in looking through Tim Curry's resume, I found it interesting to note that he's performed the voice of both Satan and God for different projects in his career. That's quite a contrast!
:smile: That's my boy. But seriously one of my favorite "good guy" roles for Tim, check out the film "Oscar" with Sylvester Stallone. Directed by John Landis, great cast, lot of fun.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ew...why the Wild Thornberries?

I never liked the Wild Thornberries. it was not even one of those "watch when theres nothing else on" shows. I'd rather sit and watch paint dry

I think you can watch Rocko on netflix...or am I thinking of Ren and Stimpy...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I snuck onto Shout's message board for a second and found this from one of the reps:
There are other shows in the Nickelodeon deal, however, I can't comment on which shows those are at this time. I will say that I'm enjoying working on The Wild Thornberrys very much.
There ARE indeed others, but they won't say... and I'm guessing they're keeping it that way not to jinx it. There is a hint that there will be some that were already released on Createspace that will get general retail released...

I REALLY hope Rocko's in consideration.

Oh, and Ren and Stimpy has been released (years ago) in its entirety... from the Nick series to the Spike series, and everything in between. Sigh... I wish the complete series Spumco set saw the light of day...