Wierd Things you don't get

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I don't get...

What was the point of dubbing louder music and getting rid of the conversations at the end of the Muppet Movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At the end of the Julie Andrews episode, during the goodnight Kermit says that "this has really been a moooo-ving experience", referencing the cow backstage. But for the most part, the cow was only on-stage (the only known instance of the cow on-stage being when The Swedish Chef brings it on his set, but even then, does the audience see this or is the curtain down? I feel the Chef was preparing for his act, the curtain not yet up). So the audience (in the Muppet theater) wouldn't get the joke, unless there were monitors on the set to show them what happens backstage (but then we never see any such things in the Muppet theater).

Vincent L

Reaction score
The audience laughs during backstage sequences, which means someway or another the audience can see the backstage.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody else think Bobo's inclusion in the Stars and Stripes Forever video is odd? I know that the tune doesn't have any real lyrics, but all the other singers are characters who can't be understood well (well, also the penguins), and yet Bobo's also there, humming along. But I guess we should be thankful he was used there, considering he hadn't been in any new productions for a few years (of course the only really big productions in the last few years before that video were The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and From the Balcony).

Hubert

Reaction score
Does anybody else think Bobo's inclusion in the Stars and Stripes Forever video is odd? I know that the tune doesn't have any real lyrics, but all the other singers are characters who can't be understood well (well, also the penguins), and yet Bobo's also there, humming along. But I guess we should be thankful he was used there, considering he hadn't been in any new productions for a few years (of course the only really big productions in the last few years before that video were The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and From the Balcony).
I think the characters' inclusions weren't so much because they can't be understood well, more so that the selection is funny just for the fact that the characters are usually ones that you wouldn't think of putting in a patriotic video...more of a humor thing over anything...

Misskermie

Reaction score
Why would The Muppets try so hard to get the theatre back, if it's not even the same one?

Hubert

Reaction score
What production are you referring to?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the characters' inclusions weren't so much because they can't be understood well, more so that the selection is funny just for the fact that the characters are usually ones that you wouldn't think of putting in a patriotic video...more of a humor thing over anything...
I don't see what's so odd about putting Bobo there then. Gonzo or Carl would have been more appropriate choices.