why were there three gordons?

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wasn't trying to be overly dramatic. It is just that whenever I wonder soemthing, or ask a question, I tend to speculate while I am asking the questions. It is weird, though. I never thought that anybody would think I was dramatic, much less overly dramatic.
You were not being overly dramatic at all. You have to understand that Mikebennidict is just looking for an argument; today it's about defending former Sesame Street actors and accusing people of being "overly dramatic", yesterday it was complaining about people making the same points he makes, the day before, it was blasting people for being off topic, another time he accused someone of asking "a stupid question" when they asked about what muppet skits were on an episode. There's no telling what it will be tomorrow.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
To be completely honest, I think everyone in here should relax, take a deep breathe and just move on. The majority of this thread has contained posts about who is right and wrong and criticizing the way people post things instead of what the title suggests...GORDON. GeeBee and others, while I am not agreeing or disagreeing with what you are saying, you are not helping the situation at all by it either. Also, whether you are grammatically educated or not has nothing to do with whether your opinions make sense or have value to them. You are all jerks right now and I am ashamed to have witnessed something like this in a Sesame Street thread.
Sorry, Bear, but I've seen Mikebennidict abuse people on this site for months. I can't be silent about it anymore.

doctort13

Reaction score
I first watched Matt's "Gordon" as a child. I never realized that another actor had taken on the role. Now I watch Sesame with my daughter and really like Roscoe. The "Trash Gordon" bits always give me a chuckle.

I'd like to see a DVD that included the three faces of Gordon, showcasing all three actors.

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Sorry, Bear, but I've seen Mikebennidict abuse people on this site for months. I can't be silent about it anymore.

I understand you defending others and that's cool. Its just that when the majority of the thread is all this fighting and nothing to do with the topic at hand it is a little disappointing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I am sad to learn that Matt Robinson (Gordon 1) died in 2002.

Here's what I found via Google.
Yeah, I was sort of thinking about that wondering what would happen if he was still playing Gordon that year.

dvakman

Reaction score
Actually, there was a changeover scene on screen for both Gordon transitions. Unfortunately these episodes were not included on Noggin.

In episode 405, it is revealed that Gordon is in fact a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. When a Time Lord is killed, rather than dying, he is able to regenerate into a new body, thus cheating death. In the closing moments of this episode, the Matt Robinson Gordon is playing basketball with the kids, when one kid accidentally whacks Gordon on the head, causing him to fall and have a serious concussion. The final moments of that season showed Big Bird, Susan, Bob, Mr. Hooper and Tom looking on as Gordon amazingly transforms into his new form, played by Hal Miller. Raposo wrote some wonderful "mystical" music for the transformation scene. Ironically, it was also Tom's last appearance on the show but his leaving was left unexplained.

Later, in episode 665, the Hal Miller Gordon is poisoned by a rotten birdseed milkshake unknowingly given to him by Mr. Hooper. As it turns out, Oscar had a plan to switch the milkshakes when Hooper wasn't looking, so that Big Bird would get a foul tasting one. This rotten birdseed shake apparently wouldn't have hurt a bird that much, but Oscar didn't know it could be fatal to humans. Anyway, Oscar accidentally switched the rotten birdseed milkshake with a strawberry italian soda instead of Big Bird's shake, which is how the mixup involving Hooper and Gordon occurs. Hal Miller's Gordon gets very sick and Oscar learns a lesson about the consequences of his pranks. This time, Gordon begins to transform in Hooper's store as the credits start rolling. At the end, to the cast's surprise, the new Roscoe Orman Gordon sits up and says his very first line on the show, "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop". What an ending that was!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would have been hard for Gordon to be written off the show without an explanation, since he is married to Susan. In order for the character to be gone, the only things that could have been done would be to have Gordon and Susan get divorced (and when Sesame Street did make an episode about divorce, it was decided not to show it), have gordon die, or have susan gone as well. I don't think they could have had gordon gone and susan on there without explaining why gordon was gone.

In the last few years, Susan hasn't really appeared much, so if Roscoe orman dies or leaves, I think they could have him gone without an explanation (since Susan probably wouldn't be around much).

reading this, I do wonder if any former cast member left the show because they didn't want to be on a childrens educational show. I have noticed that most characters who first appeared on the show as teenagers (with the exception of Gina) left after a few years.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It would have been hard for Gordon to be written off the show without an explanation, since he is married to Susan. In order for the character to be gone, the only things that could have been done would be to have Gordon and Susan get divorced (and when Sesame Street did make an episode about divorce, it was decided not to show it), have gordon die, or have susan gone as well. I don't think they could have had gordon gone and susan on there without explaining why gordon was gone.

In the last few years, Susan hasn't really appeared much, so if Roscoe orman dies or leaves, I think they could have him gone without an explanation (since Susan probably wouldn't be around much).

reading this, I do wonder if any former cast member left the show because they didn't want to be on a childrens educational show. I have noticed that most characters who first appeared on the show as teenagers (with the exception of Gina) left after a few years.
The girl playing Gabi has been on the show a while too and she has got to be in her late teens by now.

Xerus

Reaction score
It seems like Miles and Gabi are the official teens of Sesame Street today. I can remember when Big Bird first saw them as babies. Now they've suddenly become older than him. :confused: