Why SS fans should check out Incredibles DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a shocker.... Classic Sesame Street fans may just enjoy the Incredibles DVD.
Note: I said DVD... not video. And if you rent it, make sure you have both disks.

What does the Incredibles have to do with Sesame Street? If you're a fan of skits like "Martian Beauty," "Alligator King and his 7 sons," and "Ladybug's Picnic" you'll be pleased to know, Animator Bud Luckey (who animated and wrote, and sometimes performed, said skits) has quite a lot to do with the movie.

In the film itself, Bud Luckey provides a voice, playing the NSA (National Supers Association) agent. He also narrates a bonus feature (as the agent) where you look up character profiles.

But here's the best part. The DVD comes with the Pixar short "Boundin'" which was designed, composed and performed by Luckey (Who also provides a commentary track). There's even a featurette documentary "Who is Bud Luckey?" which gives a breif peak behind the scenes of Boundin', and explains his work at the studio. John Lassitor (sp?) even credits Bud as the reason why Woody in Toy Story was a Cowboy.

And here's the most unexpected part. Bud talks about his work on Sesame Street (Briefly) and a clip of "Ladybug's Picnic" is shown. :excited:

Pino

Reaction score
I saw it..... and did noticed it myself too... great career move huh?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Mr. Luckey visited my college last March (months before The Incredibles hit theaters). He showed us "Boundin" in all its stages - the animatic, rough animation, and the final version. I was happy to get this memento in my blank book ... :smile: