Why so few "smilies"?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
I was doing my first couple of posts just yesterday but I immediately noticed I'm not allowed to use a lot of smilies in the same post.
Is there a good reason for that?
I just wanted to give my trading list a bit of a good look by adding the character's smilies next to their item descriptions, and then an error message popped up saying I used too many "images". I thought that to be a bit ... well ... sad ... :embarrassed:
It's a shame, they're so good you can't use enough of them! ... :big_grin: :sing:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing

When I was doing my thread about the time when the Muppets visited my house or rather invaded it I ran into the same problem. All my "friends" wanted to sign off at the end of one of the posts and well, they weren't allowed to do so. As a result Animal got mad and ate my keyboard. :halo:

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
I don't think I have tried using a lot of smiles in this fourm because it really hasn't ever came to mind, but, I don't think it seems right either o.o'

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It does get annoying sometimes, but it's for a reason. Imagine if everybody used a whole bunch of smilies in all their posts. It would take a lot longer for the pages to load. It's kind of like why there's a limit on signature size and avatar size. It can be a minor inconvenience, but it's really better in the long run.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Owww ... I know the issue of smilie overkill all too well, having been a forum mod myself, so I can see that point.
Still, I was gonna add just 5 or 6 icons in that post, so that was not yet too exaggerated, I think. As for the loading time, that shouldn't be a big issue. Them smilies are hardly 500 bytes ... they won't take that much loading time ... :concern:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yeah, but somebody's gotta draw the line somewhere. I think the limit used to be five. It's three now. Why the change? Who knows. All I know is that when you get right down to it, three smilies per post is usually more than enough. At least I've been managing pretty well. :smile:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Ok I get your point

I think that makes sense as to why you have to put a limit on the number of :smile: 's per post, however I am still :mad: .

Sorry guys Miss Piggy came over to apologize to my wife for flirting with me BTW it's my sixth anniversary. :excited:

F

furryredmonster

3 smileys??? I could understand 5 but 3 per post?? I have a really slow computer at times (I had to take off my cute Elmo screensaver and bg's caz of it)