Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... But they did grow up together, sort of... Just go and read ReneeLouvier's Sadie's Stories. Sure it's just fanfiction, but it helps explain things rather neatly and nicely.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah the old debate of Muppet canon. The thing is, the Muppets carried on the grand tradition of Vaudeville and 1930s movies. Where character actors and comedians played the same personalities over and over again in different stories and different situations. For instance the Marx Brothers basically played the same characters in all of their films, just with different names and different jobs.

Same with the Muppets. Same characters, different situations. We're not really used to it nowadays because that's not the kind of entertainment we've grown up with. :smile:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Scooter himself would like to tell you what happened tro Skeeter

:wink: Hi guys I was Ab's house today, and he showed me this odd thread, and after cleaning off the chair from the last time :grouchy: sat on it I decided to clear up this little mystery. As you know according TMM I was originally a roadie for The Electric Mayhem. My sister Skeeter worked with them for a while too, however soon after they took up residence in the abandoned Presbyterian church you see them in on TMM she got itchy feet, I told her to go buy some Tinactin, at first but then she explained to me that she just wanted to move on, and follow her real dream which was exploring the world. The Electric Mayhem gave her a big farewell concert and she left. I haven't seen her since. I have gotten an occasional letter, however, lately she's been doing a lot of mountain climbing. Here's a partial transcript of one from Mount Washington New Hampshire where I'm told they have the World's Worst Weather:

:smirk: RAIN, SNOW, SLEET, HAIL, 400 MPH WINDS, that's a run-down of the weather I've seen this past week, and this is the best one yet of this month I've spent on top of this place, not to mention what I saw climbing up it. Anyhow, I hope this letter gets to you as the mailbox I put it in just blew away.

The box itself landed at Ab's place soon after he decided to only let us visit one at a time rather than a whole bunch at once, cool huh?

Jacquelyn

Reaction score
I was born in '88 so I grew up in the Muppet Babies era.. I remember Bean Bunny and Statler and Waldorf and Robin... but I don't remember Janice. I would LOVE to see that episode. Is it on youtube or for sale or anything? I can't imagine her as a toddler. :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm interested to know what her voice would have sounded like...Similar to Rowlf's, I imagine...

wiley207

Reaction score
Since Janice was always performed by a man (mostly Richard Hunt), they got Dave Coulier to voice Janice there.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Anyone got audio of Baby Janice speaking? I'm curious to know how Dave's voice sounded performing her...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, so, I'm sure this has been covered befre but...Why didn't the Muppeteers do the real voices? Were they still producing the Muppet Show? I know that Muppet Babies was released after Muppet's Take Manhatten, so technically there were no more classic Muppet movies being made. Were they busy on SS? Certainly Dave wasn't. What were they doing?