Why is Susan rarely seen on Sesame Street?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Darn. I guess I need to get better at this. Lol. It wouldn't have been impossible though. My sister who's in grad school in Charlotesville mentioned Sonia Monzono appearing in the area to give a lecture.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
My guess is that Loretta Long is now in her late 60's.

She was probably 30 at least in 1969, putting her at 67. I would suspect she would be semi-retired by now.

Not even Bob makes regular appearances on the show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Nan, I can't ever see them wanting to retire from the show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It's also possible that due to the fact they only produce 26 episodes a year not everyone that's part of the cast is on as much as others.

I don't think Miles or Gabby are on as much either as well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I said SEMI-retired.
That could be true. But with twenty six episodes and only one month out of the year for filming each season? Bob MaGrath said it was like a hobbie rather then a job now with so few episode now. Maybe she doesnt want to do it as much as she used, but she does speak to schools evey year. But with all the humans split up between so few episodes, that could very well be a reason. But he is oviously on less then everybody else.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I never thought of Bob as being semi-retired. He's on the show a lot more than Susan is. He still seems to be there on more of a regular basis. I guess it's just a little confusing now that they don't make as many episodes per season as they used to.

anastasiav

Reaction score
She's still in the credits

Interesting. I stopped by here today to find out the answer to this very question. If the wise heads at muppet central don't know the answer, then who does???

I did notice, using Tivo pause yesterday, that she's still in the credits, at the bottom after the main cast but above Gabby and Miles.

I hope she is well. I think its interesting that in the interactions between Miles and Gordon that they don't address it one way or another -- I've not heard Miles refer to "my mom", for instance.....