why don't piggy and kermit get hitched?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, but keep in mind that that episode aired three years before TMTM. As for my opinion on this, I've never thought of Kermit and Piggy as a married couple, but it is hard to deny that they DID get married in TMTM. To be honest, I am sort of confused on this.

Beauregard

Reaction score
But that was a movie!!!!!!!!!! MOVIE, MOVIE, MOVIE.

Whereas the get together of the Muppets wasn't and Kerm didn't denigh at all.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, I remember watching the 30 years celebration on video last year and I don't remember Kermit and Piggy saying anything about being married. I'll take your word for it though. Maybe I was watching an edited version or maybe I missed that part or something. Then again, as I have mentioned before Kermit appeared on the Roseanne show and said that he and Miss Piggy aren't married. A theory I had was that maybe they were married but got divorced. Lol. There's a Muppet movie we'd never see: "The Muppets Leave Manhattan and Kermit and Miss Piggy Find a Divorce Lawyer."

Salmoto

Reaction score
Read the transcripts on toughpigs, Piggy says all the time that she and Kermit are married, and Kermit always denies it. I belive Kermit over Piggy, sincce Piggy lives a life of utter fantasy, while Kermit is a dwn to earth, honest frog. Um, perhaps the whole point of this is to leave the true nature of their marital status ambiguous?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Could you give us the specific website, Sal? I remember reading that script, but it's been a while and I can't remember exactly where to find that transcript. What show was it on?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
www.toughpigs.com

Kermit has consistently been known to deny the marriage, stating in Muppet Magazine (someone transcribe if you have it) that they were NOT really married, it was only a part of the movie.

I think a real marriage between Kermit and Piggy would be detrimental because, as with Charlie Brown and the Red Haired Girl, unrequited love is funny. If they get hitched, that joke is gone.

Not just that, what kind of person would Piggy be if she WERE married to the frog and kept making all these eyes and flirts with people like Matt Lauer?? I'd like to think her integrity as a karate chopping swine Lady would be better than to cheat on her suggested "hubby."

So, I tend to believe they are NOT married, that Kermit is so used to her flirting with him and wanting him that if she makes eyes elsewhere he gets jealous.

Besides, JHC said this Christmas special is Kermit's first instigated kiss between him and Piggy.

I have to wonder, do those puppeteers feel funny doing that kind of thing?

Besides that, anybody see the Osbournes with Kermit as they meet the Queen, and also there was another Muppets sighting over the weekend and I can't remember where...in a movie tho, a new movie.

FOZ

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

www.toughpigs.com
Yeah, I know where the website is, but where on it is the transcript of the show where Piggy said they were married?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thank you!

But you're the one who typed the same line twice!!

:big_grin:

Salmoto

Reaction score
Daffy, go to the anthology section of the site, there's a whole anthology archive dedicated to the television interviews in which Kermit and Piggy butt heads upon the issue.