why don't piggy and kermit get hitched?

spiderman

Reaction score
aren't they commonlaw by now? wouldn't it make more sense for them, tax-wise, if they went ahead and tied the knot?

who thinks they should get married?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I dont think anyone knows if they are truly married,maybe they are and piggy just wants to be known as Miss. it's kinda like Mickey and Minnie because no one knows how far there relationship really goes.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
But TMTM was a movie. Even if the minister was real, it's still only a movie. One of the novel things about the movies is that the Muppets regard them as fictional (or "approximately true", in TMM's case) movies as well...

...ahhh, forget it, it takes too long to explain. Let me just say...TMTM is a movie. Kermit and Piggy are still single, and, though Miss Piggy often denies it, Kermit has no intentions whatsoever of ever marrying her.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, and also I've seen Kermit on a talk show recently where he said that they weren't married.

Beauregard

Reaction score
But in the muppet celebration of thirty years Miss Piggy said that Kermit was her 'hubbie' and that he was now 'a happly married frog.'

SO.

That was made as a reall celerbration, not a film, or a fakie.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Piggy has been known to lie about her marital status...she's the one who says it was a real marriage, Kermit is the one who denies it. I'll side with Kermit, since I believe that the movie is entirely fictional (even in the eyes of the Muppets). I mean, come on, they never went to college together...that's reason enough to believe my theory.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Piggy has been known to lie about her marital status...she's the one who says it was a real marriage, Kermit is the one who denies it. I'll side with Kermit, since I believe that the movie is entirely fictional (even in the eyes of the Muppets). I mean, come on, they never went to college together...that's reason enough to believe my theory.
Yes but celebration of Thirty Years wasn't a movie at all. It was a gathering of Muppets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit didn't deny it at all.

I side with the pig.

(And so the world takes sides)

Beauregard

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I know it wasn't a movie. But The Muppets Take Manhattan was. And that is the movie where they "got married." So Miss Piggy seems to be suffering the delusion that the wedding in the movie was their real wedding.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i remember one episode of the Muppet Show where Scooter tells Kermit about Miss Piggy putting an article about how she and kermit were married in Tongue Magazine (does he mean Gene Simmons' magazine, or did he make that mag yet?)

anyways, Kermit starts yelling at Miss Piggy "YOU ARE FIRED, PIGGY, FIRED!!!! FIRED!!!!!"