Why don't most people like "Muppet Treasure Island"?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by JessieHeart
Ahem. I don't really like Fozzie (go ahead and shoot me, :0( I'm sorry but I just don't. I've really tried to convince myself that I do but it doesn't work)
:frown: "SNIFF!! SNIFF!!"

Haven't you ever seen the original movies, but even more importantly, haven't you ever seen any of the original The Muppet Show episodes?? Fozzie really is one of the greatest Muppet characters, but since Frank Oz has kind of bowed out of the picture, he hasn't had much to say or do, and his few lines haven't been much in the personality of Fozzie Bear.

Get you some copies of the original Muppet Show...uh...show, and you'll see that it's worth liking the Bear.

Still kinda sad,
Foz

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kev

That's exactly what I was thinking. The bear is only second to the pig (and I tend to think they are equals). He is part of the majic missing from the Muppets. Poor Foz. He is the uncrushable spirit!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Froggy--

I hope Jessie can get The Muppet Movie. Not only is it the quintessential (?) classic, but it is such a great, inspirational film.

JESSIE, dear friend of my heart (who has a cool Tinkerbell flitting avatar)...Tell everyone you know that you must have TMM, that it is very important to you to have it, because it is such a must-have for the Muppet fan.

On the other hand, ignore the video "Hey, You're As Funny As Fozzie Bear." Please.

Later,
FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeek! What was with that series of kid vids with Fozzie and Kermit. I think they were released under the direction of Jim. It always surprised me because the Muppet Show cast was always meant for an adult audience. Those shows could have easily been done by the sesame cast.

I was thinking about the Muppet cast. Kermit is the center, Piggy's to the left and Fozzie is the right hand bear. Gonzo is a little more left of center than the rest (as usual) and followed by Animal, Rowlf and Scooter in that order. Do you think that's generally right?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Frogboy...

"I was thinking about the Muppet cast. Kermit is the center, Piggy's to the left and Fozzie is the right hand bear. Gonzo is a little more left of center than the rest (as usual) and followed by Animal, Rowlf and Scooter in that order. Do you think that's generally right?"

Right, but I always say Fozzie before I say Piggy. Of course, I would.

Later,
FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the more I think about what's missing from the Muppets, I'm beginning to believe that it's even more than just the strained Misss Piggy/Kermit dynamic. I think the Fozzie-Kermit team has been nonexistant for quite some time. He barely appeared in MCC, was featured in MTI, but certainly not Kermit's right hand bear, and just wandered around the background of MFS picking his nose.

You know I don't really care who voices the Oz characters anymore, they need to return full force. They've sounded a bit strange the last decade anyway. Bring back Fozzie Bear!
:wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Jamie

Aw come on now...how can you say Fozzie's a "right-hand" bear when we all know it's

Bear LEFT (right frog)!:big_grin:

...and actually even though i felt the 80's was a horrible time for Classic Muppet fans because up until JHH there had been too much emphasis on the kiddie stuff when the audience that had grown up with The Muppet Show was growing up and the focus was going backwards, i found (most) of the 1988 interactive videos to be rather charming...keeping in mind they were more for the kids. "Neat Stuff" could actually have done well as a new series.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the 80s or 90s? Up until the mid 80s the Muppets were still for a more mature audience. I believe that the late 80s and 90s began to kiddify them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Jamie

Originally posted by dwmckim
Aw come on now...how can you say Fozzie's a "right-hand" bear when we all know it's...Bear LEFT (right frog)!:big_grin:

HAAAAAAAA!! WOCKA WOCKA!!!!

FOZ!!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I meant the 80's. Yes, whenever there were classic Muppet stuff, it was generally pretty intelligent and well written - but they became few and far between.

Yes, there was the last season of The Muppet Show, two Muppet Movies in the first part of the decade, but essentially what had happened was you had kids that grew up with The Muppet Show entering their teens and the next regular Muppet project was a kid's show, Fraggle Rock (a very intelligent multi-layered kids show that stands heads and shoulders above most others from the decade - but a kids' show nonetheless.) Classic Muppet stuff basically came about once a year in the form of a special. Then came ... THE BABIES! The bulk of the time the classic characters were in the spotlight, it was in their moppet Muppet form! Then we saw the Classic characters in their adult puppet form for a very short time (thankfully) in the Little Muppet Monsters attempt. There were wonderful specials throughout the 80's - but you had to wait a year for them and hope that it WAS a classic Muppet special and not a Bunny Picnic or something. Those who grew up with the Muppets had to "grow out of them: by and large because there was hardly anything left for them - until Jim Henson Hour which put them back in the classic edgy for-adults-mainly-but-children-can-join-in-the-fun-too mode.

That's essentially what i was referring to.