Why do we love Gonzo?!?!

banAndi

Reaction score
Why do we love Gonzo? Is it because his nose has some stange power over us? THE NOSE IS YOUR MASTER!!!!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yes, "The Nose Knows!" But umm... I like Gonzo because he also reminds myself of me (along with Fozzie), he's just so... weird! He is unique, and there is no other thing like him!

banAndi

Reaction score
oh yes, I love Gonzo because HE'S SO COOL!!! no, actually, he's not COOL, that I know of...but he might be? How would I know?!?! But he's so cute!!! And he has cool songs!!! And he's awesome!:wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
He's blue...he's insane...he can stand severe personal injury; heck he LOVES it...

What's not to like?

-Kim

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
These two brief exhanges between Gonzo and Piggy (both from the John Denver & the Muppets Xmas CD) show why I love Gonzo..

Exchange #1
Piggy: ...this is what we're going to sing: Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...

Gonzo: Nice.

Exchange #2
Gonzo: (singing) Now bring u some figgy pudding, Now bring us some...
Piggy: Piggy pudding!
Gonzo: No, figgy pudding. It's made with figs.
Piggy: Oh. Sorry.
Gonzo: And bacon.
Piggy: ...what?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*giggles* And don't forget his little part of the Muppet*Vision pre-show, part of which I've quoted in my sig:

Gonzo: Scooter, Scooter... *notices Bean* Ooh, nice outfit!
Bean: (walking off) Thanks.
Gonzo: Scooter, there's a telephone call for you. It's urgent.
Scooter: Oh, thanks! (moves off-screen)
Gonzo: I got 'im! We don't have a telephone! *laughs* And now, ladies and gentlemen, while you are a captive audience, a display of tremendous tap-dancing talent with the added cultural component of...a pot of flowers balanced on my head. Hit it, Rusty!
(goes into his tapdance routine with three individual Gonzos!)
Scooter: (coming back after the routine is finished) Gonzo? Gonzo!
Gonzos: Yes, Scooter?
Scooter: (confused) Uh, we...have no...phone...
Gonzos: Well, then I'll run right out and get one!

Priceless :smile:

-Kim

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Gonzo embraces the weird and silly. Plus, he is completely fearless. Want to shoot him out of a cannon? He's in! Want him to eat a rubber tire to the tune of flight of the bumblebee? Bring it on!

Salmoto

Reaction score
He's funny, but in a weird way like some people I've known over the years. Also, he's so upbeat, since yto him an act has gone over well right after he gets squished/exploded/booed....

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
Also, he's so upbeat, since to him an act has gone over well right after he gets squished/exploded/booed....
Life must be easier as a Muppet if you take that attitude. Just ask poor Fozzie--he's not doing a happy dance after HE gets booed!