Why did you choose your user name?

salthemonkey

Reaction score
I was interested to know why some of us choose certain Muppets as our user name.

What I always liked about Sal was his tough exterior...but really all he wanted was to be accepted. There was the one episode where Johnny takes back his "stinky little monkey" after a falling out. In a lot of ways that touched me. I always use to try and project a different exterior then what I really felt...a "stinky little monkey".

Is that too much information?

Muppet

Reaction score
Well i chose
Muppet
For a reason that would probly ring true for many here. All my good friends call me Muppet or Mup they dont even introduce me as Travis any more, but thats ok it as always been a name that i held dear so i use it when i can,

grail

Reaction score
well, i don't have a "Muppet" name. but "grail" comes from an excessive love of both Monty Python and The King Arthur mythos. i usually use the number "42" with it, hence my sig line, as tribute to Douglas Adams (i actually cried when i found out he passed...right there at work, it was probably the worst day of my life...he was my hero). but back to the story; that's what everyone online knows me as, so why ruin a good thing? (for the record, if i'm NOT "grail" or "grail42", then i am "stleibowitz", from my second favorite book of all time)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief I look nothing like a frog, but I am known as quite the Muppet fan with something Kermit always nearby. Hence I am the frogboy!

A mini Kermit hangs off the zipper of my bookbag and many people comment on it. To tell you the truth I forget about it sometimes and look at these people like they're nuts. (Blond moment) One time this person eyeing me on the subway came up to me and said, "Nice Turtle, Dude!" and it kind of peaved me. Seemed like a nice enough individual, but it was no sale after the turtle comment.

salthemonkey

Reaction score
A turtle?! That's almost as bad as Fozzie's mom calling Kermit a lizard.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup - now all my friends call out to me "Nice turtle, dude!" when they see me walking by. I fall for it every time. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...not sure how I should answer that since I'm one of the weird ones in my group. If my friends are weirdos I wonder what that makes me? :eek:

salthemonkey

Reaction score
"No offense sir, no offense" - Mrs. Bluberidge Muppet Treasure Island

BorkBork

Reaction score
When i came to the delphi board in 1999 i wanted to be called Swedish Chef, because i am from sweden. But, that name was taken, so i just had do use his most common expression :big_grin:

And....nice turtle, dude, muwahaha :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

/Anders